Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has been great! I bought my 11 vn900 about 6 months ago as a leftover model. It was my first bike and a good one. Today I sold it for payoff and purchased a 08 yamaha warrior 1700. I realized that I would always be chasing more power and highway rpm. I have been riding a vtx1800 for a couple mounths and knew that's what I needed. 102 ci here I come.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hey nortex, Congratulation on the new bike. Thank you for sharing some of the parts form your Vulcan. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Hey don't be a stranger; plenty of former Vulcaneers around here.

Enjoy that bike! They look great! (I haven't had the pleasure of riding one yet!)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm also hanging around even though a Triumph is my ride now. Congrats on the purchase. That warrior looks a little like suzuki m109r styling. A bit more hunched forward than upright cruising. Is that fair to say? I haven't seen one in real life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm also hanging around even though a Triumph is my ride now. Congrats on the purchase. That warrior looks a little like suzuki m109r styling. A bit more hunched forward than upright cruising. Is that fair to say? I haven't seen one in real life.

I noticed that I sit more upright on it than the 900. The 900 is more relaxed. The seat though on the Warrior is terrible. I am currently redoing the seat on my bike. I will sit lower in it and hopefully longer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My buddy used to have a warrior and it was the meanest bike i ever heard. I think he got like 20mpg with that bike. Im sure it was mostly due to right hand abuse.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm also hanging around even though a Triumph is my ride now.
Same here...a TBird 1600. To the OP: Those Warriors look nice -- congrats.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Always wanted to ride one. I always heard those had more top end power than the V2Ks but the 2Ks had more low end grunt. Hope it works out for you. Oh and for staying around, visit from time to time. I sold the 2K and switch to a 14 Ultra Limited in April. Good folks here and I still like to give my input on 2K things from time to time.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks like they stopped making them back in '09. A shame.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They just named it as a raider basically
Mmm, I don't know about that. To my eyes, one's a muscular-looking power cruiser, the other's one a stretched out semi-chopper. They may have the same parents and ccs, but otherwise...to me, they look quite different.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts