Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Those ISO grips are the best.
They will also help some with vibration.
Don't forget to get you a throttle boss with it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dont you need the bar end weights ? I have the same problem and have been using grip puppies for that, but would gladly change the grips to something bigger if possible.

·
Super Moderator
448 Posts
I second the ISO grips. Larger grip and almost eliminates any vibration. I put them on every bike now. There are cheaper options than Kuryakyn but the rubber will start to break down after a season.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue, the stock grips seemed small. Iordered the thin version of Original Grip Buddies and am really happy. The owner was great to work with, as the Vulcan S wasn’t listed on his site. The neoprene grips were easy to install, make the grips larger, and help dampen vibration. If you search: original grip buddies you’ll find the website.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looking at kuryakyn site, is there a specific model/size for the KVS or is it just the 7/8” universals?

Second question, kury grips I had on a previous bike, I had to shave the ribs off the throttle sleeve, will that be needed for the KVS too (didn’t like that, but if necessary then I guess that’s what it is).

·
Registered
6 Posts
So which of the many many models of grip buddies did you end up going with?
Not sure the exact model I went with. I contacted the owner and he asked for two dimensions - grip width and grip circumference. I sent him those and he replied with the correct part number. Super happy with these.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at kuryakyn site, is there a specific model/size for the KVS or is it just the 7/8” universals?

Second question, kury grips I had on a previous bike, I had to shave the ribs off the throttle sleeve, will that be needed for the KVS too (didn’t like that, but if necessary then I guess that’s what it is).
These aren’t really replacement grips, but rather a neoprene grip over-lay. And, if they seem too short, they aren’t. Follow the instructions and stretch the neoprene.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts