Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's the deal. My husband and I are now separated, and before he left, he was adding a lightbar to my bike. Now, as it sits everything is hooked up (I did that) and the light bar is attached to the bike. But there are 2 problems that I cannot fix on my own/by myself...

1. The extensive amount of wiring from the lightbar has to go somewhere, or maybe I can just hide it behind the fairing. The lightbar is Kuryakyn's Constellation light bar. It attaches to a mounting plate below the headlight.

2. Where the headlight housing has 2 screws at the bottom and mounts to the forks/frame, I cannot for the life of me get the nuts to screw on the bolts upside down. I have tried everything and every tool I can think of. The mounting plate for the lightbar is slightly in the way, but not enough to make it impossible. THIS is the only thing stopping me from riding. Well, that and the cold weather we've had. It's killing me too, now that I have the LED headlamp installed, and can't even see how it works!

I WILL add pics later, but I wanted to throw this out there in case you guys know exactly what I'm talking about without the need to see it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Is it lack of room to get your hands in or is it the tools won't fit. I am not following the problem???

I believe you may need to add some pictures, It hard not being able to see.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok guys, here's the deal. My husband and I are now separated, and before he left, he was adding a lightbar to my bike. Now, as it sits everything is hooked up (I did that) and the light bar is attached to the bike. But there are 2 problems that I cannot fix on my own/by myself...

1. The extensive amount of wiring from the lightbar has to go somewhere, or maybe I can just hide it behind the fairing. The lightbar is Kuryakyn's Constellation light bar. It attaches to a mounting plate below the headlight.

2. Where the headlight housing has 2 screws at the bottom and mounts to the forks/frame, I cannot for the life of me get the nuts to screw on the bolts upside down. I have tried everything and every tool I can think of. The mounting plate for the lightbar is slightly in the way, but not enough to make it impossible. THIS is the only thing stopping me from riding. Well, that and the cold weather we've had. It's killing me too, now that I have the LED headlamp installed, and can't even see how it works!

I WILL add pics later, but I wanted to throw this out there in case you guys know exactly what I'm talking about without the need to see it.
If they're decorative/chrome cap style nuts then maybe you need longer bolts. That type of nut sometimes doesn't have threads all the way out to the edge, they start well inside the nut, which makes it difficult for them to catch the threads on the bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts

Here is a link to an installation video that may help you with the wiring.

I know the space is tight, but just be patient and you'll get there. Some pics may help so we can provide you more help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts