Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in the the 20 years i have been riding ! am going to the Laconia bike week 2010 in NH, This June.
I was wandering who may be going to it this year from Maine or Mass.

~Brewer35mm

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went to Laconia last year did it ever rain, it poured I never seen anything like it. In the last 5-6 years it rain at some point in the rally..I probably will not go this year do to the rain factor. There wasn't much there for meteric cruisers,everything harley. The riding is nice good roads etc ,its weather. We drove home in 2 days of the worse rain I have ever driven in. They have a good rally growing here in Nova Scotia "The Wharf Rat Rally in Digby N.S. every labour Day week-end . it's a small town on the ocean there were 100,000 bikes there last year and getting bigger each year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There were 10 of us from Antigonish Nova Scotia there last year , that's correct , mostly Harleys but we lucked out on the weather , it did rain the 3 days we stayed in Laconia but had good weather for most of our travel days , got wet our last day coming home from Bangor . We had a perfect day for our ride up Mt Washington . If you go thats a must .

·
Registered
92 Posts
We went up Mt Washington ,there was a light rain and heavy fog.One could not see a thing ,2 bikes blown over the side of the road due to high wind,no one hurt,a wrecker was used to haul the bikes up ,not much left. I didn't enjoy the ride up there I would never do it again . It was so foggy we couldn't see the lower parking lot when walking to the resturant. The ride down wasn,t bad but that narrow road with alot of traffic made be very up tight. Guess its an old age thing. I would never to that again. Good to talk to you. Not going this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts