Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted that the frame on my Harley broke and would now have to use my wife's 500 for my 80 mile r/t daily commute. A couple of observations are as follows. I rode four days without the Plexifairing 3 windshield and two days with it on. Positives without are better mpg, feels "zippier" and great for splitting lanes. With the shield is of course the more comfortable ride, especially between 75-80 mph, due to no wind fatigue. The front end feels a bit "squirrely" with the shield. I'm still getting use to not having the heal/toe shifting, the powerband (likes to rev as apposed to the Harley's torque) and not having self-canceling turn signals (find myself leaving them on) but overall am quite pleased with the bike. I don't anticipate getting my bike back for a month - slow moving shop, so will get use to the 500 and may just incorporate it in my commute from time to time. Thanks to all for the assurances that this is indeed a good bike for commuting.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Never heard of a Kawasaki breaking like that.:grin2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a frame issue but my '98 Vulcan 1500 Classic was totaled by the insurance company due to a semi truck throwing an unknown object (think it was a brick) into the engine. Immediate smoke and engine stoppage. Also totaled out my underwear. Glad the whatever didn't hit me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts