Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok y'all,I've been reading the forum&I see where some of the members were recommending the Cyclops l e d as a Replacement for the Dim bulb they put into the headlight-Well,I Can't seem to find the Cylops anywhere's I'm just basically Lookin for a Good(&Maybe Brighter*) l e d bulb that Isn't Complicated to install,But will still put out a Better light output than the regular bulbs do. With this daylight savings time&it is gettin darker earlier,I just want a Decent l e d plug-in that Won't break the bank(Or mine:( ) Any suggestions would be Greatly &Gladly Appreciated:) THANX:):unsure::whistle::cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok y'all,I've been reading the forum&I see where some of the members were recommending the Cyclops l e d as a Replacement for the Dim bulb they put into the headlight-Well,I Can't seem to find the Cylops anywhere's I'm just basically Lookin for a Good(&Maybe Brighter*) l e d bulb that Isn't Complicated to install,But will still put out a Better light output than the regular bulbs do. With this daylight savings time&it is gettin darker earlier,I just want a Decent l e d plug-in that Won't break the bank(Or mine:( ) Any suggestions would be Greatly &Gladly Appreciated:) THANX:):unsure::whistle::cool:
Same here I can't find that light anywhere I did buy a new bulb and installed that but in the long run I want to have a complete change of front light to led

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
You get what you pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you sure do. That's why I have them installed on all four of my bikes with no issues. So much brighter than the stock bulb. These do have a built-in fan. I've made the mistake of buying a cheaper version once and didn't last. The oldest bulb is about 3 years old.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
After installing the Cyclops bulb, do you have a problem with sealing the headlight so that moisture and water do not penetrate?
Cyclops 3800 Lumen Install

I didn’t when I had my S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, it uses the same rubber surround as the original bulb. The only difference is you need to tuck some extra cable, but it is not a big deal.
I got a good deal on a Headwinds(Alog w/ a bunch more-5,off e bay)-The headwinds has a ballast,but there pretty,:unsure::cautious::cool: bright\we'll see how it holds up?:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone comment on the beam pattern of the Cyclops? From the videos and pictures I’ve seen so far I’m not that impressed. They are supposed to be dual burn but in the video I saw it looked like the low beam went off when the high beam came on. I’m considering Pathfinder LED H4s. Anyone have experience with them? Looking to upgrade the lighting on a 03 1500 Nomad FI.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can anyone comment on the beam pattern of the Cyclops? From the videos and pictures I’ve seen so far I’m not that impressed. They are supposed to be dual burn but in the video I saw it looked like the low beam went off when the high beam came on. I’m considering Pathfinder LED H4s. Anyone have experience with them? Looking to upgrade the lighting on a 03 1500 Nomad FI.
Unfortunately I can't comment on the Cyclops/I got me an older model Headwinds led w/30watt low beam&90watt high beam;My only Concern is that this older model actually comes w/a ballast&fan,we'll see if it works or blows any fuses,Hopefully it will be ok-I'll keep any1 interested on my installation/Progress:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately I can't comment on the Cyclops/I got me an older model Headwinds led w/30watt low beam&90watt high beam;My only Concern is that this older model actually comes w/a ballast&fan,we'll see if it works or blows any fuses,Hopefully it will be ok-I'll keep any1 interested on my installation/Progress:)
An update to my tryin out different led headlight's-out of 4 tested,*1 tuned out to be ok-DON'T WA$TE Money on cheap led headlights!!!?!!!:( it's Not worth the Aggravation-Lesson learn'd/The next time I get an led headlight,I'll bite the bullet&get an Expensive Decent1:):unsure::whistle::cool::oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts