Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Size wise it should be ok.

I don't remember if our stock bars are open ended though. That one requires open ended bars.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had a throttle miser on my yamaha raider with stock grips and they work great tried several cruze assist and it worked the best. Now kuryakyn has made one just like it should work great just taskes a little getting use to thats all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i dunno what i have on mine but i have a end cap on mine that matchs my grip that had a wedge build in with the rubber pad that works kinda like a cramp buster. so i imagin other ends would work.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hope you got the throtle assist figured out and working their great after you get use to them. Let use know if it turn out ok.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it seems that it's not a glop of epoxy in the end of the bar, but a metal rod welded in. I tried grinding the welds out with a dremel and a carbide bit, but it doesn't move after that, so it must also be glued in. What kind of drill bit would you use to drill through that? Or should I just give up and send the thing back?

Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Boy Im not sure the right side of the bar on my raider was hollow might go to babbits and pull up a pic of the bars and see what it shows. What year it your V2K?

·
Registered
494 Posts
So it seems that it's not a glop of epoxy in the end of the bar, but a metal rod welded in. I tried grinding the welds out with a dremel and a carbide bit, but it doesn't move after that, so it must also be glued in. What kind of drill bit would you use to drill through that? Or should I just give up and send the thing back?

Thanks!
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b4882f8700223e4795a6e/handlebar look at the bars looks like the left side is pluged

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an '06. I remembered that the left side was plugged (threads to screw on the stock grip end) but not the right side. I suppose it's for weight to reduce vibration or something. I think it'll be a b1tch to drill out. Not sure if it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Plan B:
I've got a brakeaway and I like it. Doesn't look as sexy as the Kury thing, but it works great. I use the throttle boss a lot more (just cuz it's right there and doesn't need to be "engaged"), but the brakeaway comes in pretty handy if I'm trying to open a bag of peanuts or something.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You Might take a smaller metel drill bit and just see how far it goes up the bar might just be a plug I don't know for sure just a guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just received my kuryaky grips and the throttle control assist. I began to remove the original grips on my VN900c and finally discovered that the end of my bar is not open !!! Is it possible to drill it ? Do I ha to return the parts ? Is there other people with Vn 900 and a similar experience ?

Well, When I answered this post, it was after I did a research on the Kuryakyn throttle assist. I didn't realised it was linked to the V2k section. Anyway, if someone has a suggestion for my problem...

·
Registered
864 Posts
I had my dealer attempt to install the Kury assist, fail.. They ended up replacing my bars. Bulldozer, i miss Ponch and the old days...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts