Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I must have the best wife in the world. I got the approval to buy my 2009 Custom about 2 months prior to my 40th birthday. My birthday was yesterday and we had the family dinner tonight. I really wasn't expecting much because I got the new scoot. But low and behold, there they were - Kuryakyn's Sound of Chrome Speakers. I love this woman.

Anyone have these on their bikes? Did you mount them above or below the bars? Toward the middle or out by the grips? Pros or cons?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
83 Posts
Any chance you live somewhere in the south east? Maybe you can get your wife to talk to my wife! Hang on to that one buddy, she's a keeper!

Doc

So, I must have the best wife in the world. I got the approval to buy my 2009 Custom about 2 months prior to my 40th birthday. My birthday was yesterday and we had the family dinner tonight. I really wasn't expecting much because I got the new scoot. But low and behold, there they were - Kuryakyn's Sound of Chrome Speakers. I love this woman.

Anyone have these on their bikes? Did you mount them above or below the bars? Toward the middle or out by the grips? Pros or cons?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
If you have a windshield, mount them behind the windshield if you can. Having less air blowing over them will actually improve the volume some.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Doc, used to live in Miami, but now in western Pa.

I'll be sure to post pics after the install, though I'm in no rush because of the upcoming winter.

I don't use a windshield, I had one on my old bike but I hated having the top right in my field of vision. But, yeah, if I had a windshield, I would put them behind it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are 3" speakers that clamp to your handlebars with a built in amplifier. You can plug in an iPod or smartphone to play music.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts