Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I ordered some Kuryakyn turn signals for the back and I noticed they have 4 wires instead of the stock 2. The 4 in the Kuryakyn are Brown(gnd), Yellow(running light 12v), Green(turn signal), and red(brake).

I know the greens go together and the brown probably goes with the black and yellow on the oem, but where should I put the yellow(12v) and red(brake)? I know the tail light has a red wire so I can just tap into that but how about the yellow?

Also I ordered a new relay and have the service manual. I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm doing before I open it up.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Appears you ordered turn signal, taillight, and brake light combination lights. That is why there are extra wires. Your stock rear signals are just signals and only run on two wires. It can be done but will require more wiring to tie into the existing brake and taillight wiring.
Google or contact Kuryakyn for instructions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Appears you ordered turn signal, taillight, and brake light combination lights. That is why there are extra wires. Your stock rear signals are just signals and only run on two wires. It can be done but will require more wiring to tie into the existing brake and taillight wiring.
Google or contact Kuryakyn for instructions.
Is it possible to only connect the green and ground wires and run it like that?

Edit: The internet says I can just tape off the wires I don't want to use. I don't like the idea of messing with more wires than I need to so I'll just tape off the running and brake wires and run them as signals only.

·
Registered
Vulcan S ABS 2017
44 Posts
They have wiring diagrams on their site.

You can wire only the turn signals, but connecting the rest will take 5 extra min and improve visibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts