Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between the Kuryakyn ISO and Avon MT Air cushion grips for my '15 Classic LT. Other than a ~$20 difference, any one have first "hand" experience with both of these grips? Preferences, reasons, etc?? Are these grips metal or plastic? Should I look at some other brand?
Thanks for your input...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I have had both. Avon on my last custom and Kuryakyn Iso on this one. Honestly the Avon were just as nice. One thing with the Avon is that the throttle part has to be glued on. I had the Avon MT Air cushions for 4 years and then I sold the bike. The Avon's are just as good imo.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Have the Kury grips on my 800 Classic and just installed the Avons a couple weeks ago on my Voyager. They are both 1" grips but the Kuryakyn feel bigger and softer, they isolate the vibration better I think, so if hand numbness is something you deal with, go with the Kurys. The Avons have a knurled texture to them, so I guess you get better grip with them, good if you ride in the rain much. They are more like a personnel preference thing, but if I was to buy another set, it would probably be the Kuryakyns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies....Just ordered some Avon MT Air cushions, hard to pass up the deal on Amazon for $39. The best deal I could find on the Kurys was $72.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I looked at both but saw some Avon's I really liked. All metal about 70 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the Avon grips showed up yesterday, looked and felt good out of the package.
Install was a breeze, but did not get a chance to take them out for a ride.
They certainly feel good on the bike compared to the factory grips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts