Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought the throttle control assist for my VN900c. The K website as my seller was positive, this throttle assist is compatible with my bike. When I removed the original grips ( because I was also putting Iso grips ), I had quite a surprise. The two ends of my bar were full of metal. As you can see on the picture ( left side of the bar ), there is a big spot of welding that I can't melt, my iron is not hot enough. I try to drilled. I stopped after an inche of drilling. I don't want to ruin my handlebar.
Seeing this, the seller did accept to refund the throttle assist and left side weight.
Did someone else as this kind of "configuration" on its handlebar ? Seller told me it was the first time he saw that...

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just put ISO's on my bike last weekend, and I didn't even look in the ends to see what was there. I have an 09 900 Classic, but I am fairly certain mine were completely hollow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use the .50cent, 10 second install, thick black o-ring

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yup, I had those "bar weights" in my 2012 VN900 Custom.

I got them out by first, drilling and tapping a hole in the end of the weight (for pulling it out later), then carefully grinding the welds between the weight and the inside of the bars. The welds are not deep, so this was easier than it sounds. Then a slide hammer attached to a bolt that was threaded into the drilled and tapped hole, and voila...out they came. These weights are at least 8" long, so trying to drill them out would be hopeless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts