Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. Just got the gauge and was wondering if any others have this or something like it. I'd like to take power from the headlight bucket. Any suggestions? I have some tap connectors in the old shop already. I also saw what looked like a couple accessory connections last time in the bucket, but I read somewhere they aren't switched.:confused: Thanks!

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Personally I think a connection directly off the battery terminals is best. I had to solder on some cable extensions when I put mine on. I put mine in between the risers on top of triple tree.

Attachments

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1613666#post1613666

I can't find a copy of the pic, but check my post on this thread for a picture of my mount. I like the idea of reading battery voltage, but a direct connection would require a relay since the meter would be drawing off the battery even when the bike is turned off.
Well hell, but of course. I forgot to mention that I also installed a terminal strip in the tool tray on top of the battery and brought up battery connections positive and negative, and a switched voltage source that can be found in a sticky. Had to due to all the accessories I run. So I guess it's not a direct connection to battery, can't be. You are most certainly right, thanks for that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I tapped into a relay I have wired in for future use horn/lights. Found almost all the possible tie ins there was a voltage drop 1/4- 1/3 volt. Mounted mine on the top of the tripe trees forward of the bar mounts easy to glance down at.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tapped into a relay I have wired in for future use horn/lights. Found almost all the possible tie ins there was a voltage drop 1/4- 1/3 volt. Mounted mine on the top of the tripe trees forward of the bar mounts easy to glance down at.
I just finished mine by tapping into my running lights and putting them where yours is. I was feared about the lights being too bright but where it is, it's a little on an angle so it's just right. If you stand up you can get a direct look and THAT'S blaring....I love new shiny things!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.