Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So i threw these on today and thought id share. There are two versions of the iso grips, one with throttle sleeve and one without. I went with the one with, install was pretty easy. MAKE SURE you sand down a little before putting on the grips, the left side is to smooth to ensure a good stick without. The levers look great , and are more comfortable but be warned if you are a female or have small hands you lose the brake adjustment on the right side. The grips are a hell of alot more comfortable then stock....

dont forget to lube the clutch fitting or it will stick!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the same setup on my LT. Very nice. The stock aluminum levers turn your hands and gloves black, and the chrome wides don't.

I don't see the brake adjustment wheel on your right grip. The set I have has the adjustment built in.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same setup on my LT. Very nice. The stock aluminum levers turn your hands and gloves black, and the chrome wides don't.

I don't see the brake adjustment wheel on your right grip. The set I have has the adjustment built in.

what???? did i get screwed? Ill have to look into it, yours are kuryakyn , right?

you remember the part number.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got the wide levers too, and NO adjustment either....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got the wide levers too, and NO adjustment either....
Well maybe i didnt get screwed. I have big hands so its not really an issue any how. But.. i had to brake really hard in a turn a while back and didnt have time to straighten the bike out and went into a fishtale at about 40, i held on and sh&& my pants but came out mine, i liked how close the brake was when i was skidding.

i was checking out your stereo thread, thats pretty awesome. Maybe ill grab one, i dont have a windshield or bags so i was thinking of getting chrome neck covers to hide the wires and amp, what do you think?

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, anybody want to buy a pair of kuryakyn wide style levers ??? ive orderd alot from i5motorcycle great prices and shipping is amazing. Ive had them ship 4 hours after i ordered. I just wish they would do better research on fitments..

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
thanks for the info, anybody want to buy a pair of kuryakyn wide style levers ??? ive orderd alot from i5motorcycle great prices and shipping is amazing. Ive had them ship 4 hours after i ordered. I just wish they would do better research on fitments..
I ordered and received these levers from this site, and found the clutch lever to be improperly machined through the pivot hole. Check out the stuff you get carefully!

Uploaded with ImageShack.usUploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Looking at the Kuryakin website, it looks as if their levers are bushed with either brass or oilite bushings. This would seem preferable to just a hole drilled through the aluminum. Sarge, do your Kuryakins have these bushings?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the Kuryakin website, it looks as if their levers are bushed with either brass or oilite bushings. This would seem preferable to just a hole drilled through the aluminum. Sarge, do your Kuryakins have these bushings?
Im not honestly sure, i know they didnt look like that! Ill try and check later , ill just remove the brake lever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts