Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I began installing Kury Iso grips on my 900 and noticed the plastic tip in the slot on the throttle body that holds the throttle cable has broken off. Not sure if I did it or it came that way. Anyway, Im wondering if I can just swap out the throttle body of the stock grip I just removed and place it into the Kury grip. Im trying to avoid the hassle of returning the Kury and postage delays etc. Has anyone ever tried removing the plastic throttle body of a Kury grip? Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance...

Also, I found it funny that the Kury grip for 'metric bikes' uses a 3/32 allen wrench to remove the end caps.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
bh, I put the kury transformer grips on my v2k and was going to leave that part but could not it was a different size. May be different on the 900.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I began installing Kury Iso grips on my 900 and noticed the plastic tip in the slot on the throttle body that holds the throttle cable has broken off. Not sure if I did it or it came that way. Anyway, Im wondering if I can just swap out the throttle body of the stock grip I just removed and place it into the Kury grip. Im trying to avoid the hassle of returning the Kury and postage delays etc. Has anyone ever tried removing the plastic throttle body of a Kury grip? Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance...

Also, I found it funny that the Kury grip for 'metric bikes' uses a 3/32 allen wrench to remove the end caps.
Maybe if you have a contact number call them and tell em it was broke when you got it. Send them back if they agree that they will credit it back to your account you paid from, and order a new pair while you got them on the phone so you don't have to wait as long. I ordered the wrong leather jacket from leatherup.com and thats what I did, it costed me a extra $15 to ship it back ups but it was all good in the end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts