Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio on my '09 Voyager went south with very bad reception on all bands. Cable continuity to the radio OK and replacing the antenna mast provided no improvement... indicating the radio was the problem.

Took it to the dealer where I bought the bike, Hudson Valley Motorcycles in Ossining, NY. That's Ossining where the Sing Sing prison happens to be and the place where the term "up the river" got it's origin.

Well anyway, now I have to say even though I'm still under warranty, replacing the radio is about a $1700 parts and labor job. I've had dealers and companies push back and not honor the warranty with every excuse under the sun for a $10 part. I have to say that was always in the back of my mind with a $1700 job.

As it turned out the service department was nothing but very helpful and the dialogue between us was nothing but constructive to fix my radio. With a few test requested from Kawasaki to validate the radio was the problem they shipped the newest version and the dealer installed it at no cost to me.

It's the sales department that sold me this first bike but it is the service department will be the reason I'll be a repeat customer.

I'm writing this because we are quick to complain when things go bad so I think I should do the same when things go good. Also I want the dealer and Kawasaki to know that good customer service is appreciated and DOES produce repeat and loyal customers. Kawasaki and Hudson Valley Motorcycles will be at the top of my short list for my next bike. :)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Glad to hear about your sucess. For me the sales dapartmant was awesome and the service department was everything but service. It is great to hear a good story.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
That's great to hear. Having been a m/c mechanic for almost 36 years now the horror stories i have heard break my heart every time. Good to hear that both the dealer and the manufacturor did what they are supposed to do.

RACNRAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts