Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago i took my sport bike into the dealer for a service, while the bike was at the shop the dealer decided to go bankrupt. I was on the road at the time and found out 2 days later.

After calling the Trustee in charge several times and not getting a return call back, i finally had to leave a nasty message to get his attention. Other than pissing him off, ( like i care, he was an a-hole) i did get my bike back with in 48 hours. I have heard horror stories about the same happening to others and it taking them months to get them back.

I thought i knew the dealer having purchased at least 3 bikes, including my 900 from him. I guess you hever know??. If this happens to you, its the squeaky wheel that gets the oil, its your property, prove it and bug the crap out of the trustee, dont take no for an answer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dang!
I've heard a lot of horror stories about dealerships messing up, but you at least got your bike back from them!
These are hard times for some MC dealers, since motorcycles are considered (by the uneducated) to be a "luxuary" item. Once gasoline goes north of $4 a gallon again, I think a lot MORE scoots will suddenly appear on the streets.

Glad you got your bike back! :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
You know, that could be a volatile situation. I am not necessarily the hard core biker type myself. But I know a lot of riders who not think twice about showing up at the lawyer's office with a copy of his title, a set of brass knuckles and a .38 back-up in case the lawyer wouldn't listen to reason. I mean anyone who considers letting another guy ride his bike to be the same as letting another guy "ride" his wife, is not someone you want to tell, "I'm sorry, you can't get your motorcycle out of the building until the bankruptcy hearing has been held." That is just a creative way to get to the emergency room, quickly!

PS- If any of you end up in jail from doing this type thing, please don't say that I suggested it!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, that could be a volatile situation. I am not necessarily the hard core biker type myself. But I know a lot of riders who not think twice about showing up at the lawyer's office with a copy of his title, a set of brass knuckles and a .38 back-up in case the lawyer wouldn't listen to reason. I mean anyone who considers letting another guy ride his bike to be the same as letting another guy "ride" his wife, is not someone you want to tell, "I'm sorry, you can't get your motorcycle out of the building until the bankruptcy hearing has been held." That is just a creative way to get to the emergency room, quickly!

PS- If any of you end up in jail from doing this type thing, please don't say that I suggested it!
My point to the trustee was that if it were me who owed the dealer $7000, THE TRUSTEE WOULD BE OVER RIGHT AWAY to pick up the chq, (plus return my calls) No threats were made, i think he new that i would be a pain in the butt until i got it back LOL

·
Registered
578 Posts
Good job on getting it back so quick, in a lawyers eyes that was an asset that they could have hung onto. It is unfortunate that when a company goes bankrupt they have to keep it quiet. I've worked for two different companies that went bankrupt and both times it seemed sudden, but then later I found out that it was months earlier that it all started.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortunatly i did not purchase this bike through him and had all the original paperwork etc, oil change was never done, they had no claim to the bike, as you say the wheels of motion were already in progress when i dropped it off, i still am pissed though. Un fortunatly it seems to be a sign of the times, dealerships closing everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts