Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Im trying to deciding which of the windshield to buy. and i need same opines on two of those

thx

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I have the klockwerks. Looks amazing, but really good for 50mph or less. I wish it was taller. I used a 12" clear one awesome can do 80 not much wind noise. Stereo sounds great. So I am going to purchase the windvest now... bike is going to be like a woman, I will have 4 windshields.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I went with a 12" Windvest. They don't make them in that height for a Voyager / Vaq, but one for a Harley Ultra will fit easily if you straighten up the bottom by cutting off the two tabs, with the added benefit that HD stuff is usually cheaper as well.

I'd buy another the same.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Hey Im trying to deciding which of the windshield to buy. and i need same opines on two of those thx
mb,, kant say for the klokwerx.. but don't waste yor dime or time on that windvest pos.. I had their largest 12x12 on my 02 warrior and it was totally worthless as either a windshield or windbreak. all it did was create turbulence.

as for that matter, I have tried a dozen various small stylish shields of every shape, size and curvature.. none of them are worth spitting on. its like putting a bikini on yor girl and taking her out in a hurricane. tell her she wont get wet.

If the reason you want to put something on your bike is to give you a break from the torrent and debris, put something substantial on.. and yes its not going to look all sexy like yor nekid bike.. give it up, or shut up and suffer..

the best thing you can do is put a Fairing on it. don't want to hear it? well then see above paragraph... poncho

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I have both. Just came back from a 2600 mile trip down to NC and Tennessee with the Windvest, and had no issues with it. Went through two days of rain and the Windvest did its job. The Klokwerks is stylish, but should be higher. I'm 5'8" and get some buffeting at speed. I also have 12 inch Rifle shields that do the job of noise reduction and wind protection, but you need the height to get that protection that the others provide with a shorter height due to the curve at the top. Tough choices.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just to throw a wrench into this, I have the "medium" Clearview with light tint on the Vaq. It looks nice and provides just the right amount of protection for long rides. I am 5'10" tall. I tried the 12" OEM shield and the "small" Clearview (only 1" shorter than the medium) but the medium fits me just perfectly. I still had a small amount of buffeting at speed with the small. The Clearview has a small recurve at the top.
I have 4 shields now, so maybe time to stop.........
Seats and shields always seem to come down to personal preference and sometimes the first option just isn't quite right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 6'2" and the Windvest works great for me. I regularly travel at interstate speeds (80mph). I purchased mine at the Windvest booth at Rapid City HD during Sturgis a couple years ago and the salesman let me bolt it on and go for about an hour ride to decide if I liked it before purchase. Many factors weigh in to get the "right" windshield: how tall are you, including if you have a taller seat, type of helmet, and lastly what level of turbulence is comfortable to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey rusty 360 , I was looking for a 12" windvest and all I see is 10" and under. did you get one for a different bike ?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hey Im trying to deciding which of the windshield to buy. and i need same opines on two of those thx
mb,, kant say for the klokwerx.. but don't waste yor dime or time on that windvest pos.. I had their largest 12x12 on my 02 warrior and it was totally worthless as either a windshield or windbreak. all it did was create turbulence.

as for that matter, I have tried a dozen various small stylish shields of every shape, size and curvature.. none of them are worth spitting on. its like putting a bikini on yor girl and taking her out in a hurricane. tell her she wont get wet.

If the reason you want to put something on your bike is to give you a break from the torrent and debris, put something substantial on.. and yes its not going to look all sexy like yor nekid bike.. give it up, or shut up and suffer..

the best thing you can do is put a Fairing on it. don't want to hear it? well then see above paragraph... poncho
Poncho, nice to see you haven't lost your edge! I enjoyed your posts for years on the 900 forum. Happy to see i can look forward to more on this one.

This post reminds me of the time I was at Helmet World and I heard a customer ask what kind of helmet would eliminate all the wind. The owner responded "one with 4 wheels and roll up windows".

·
Registered
637 Posts
Poncho, nice to see you haven't lost your edge! I enjoyed your posts for years on the 900 forum. Happy to see i can look forward to more on this one.

This post reminds me of the time I was at Helmet World and I heard a customer ask what kind of helmet would eliminate all the wind. The owner responded "one with 4 wheels and roll up windows".
The Ponch hasn't posted in a few years. I don't recall now whether he left of his own accord, but he's missed.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The Ponch hasn't posted in a few years. I don't recall now whether he left of his own accord, but he's missed.
Thanks Peg, I gotta pay attention to the dates on posts. I got started on the 900 forum when the 900 was still new so I'm not used to seeing such old posts.

Enjoy the ride!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts