Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Kisan Tailblazer in my 09 LT. It was a bit difficult to fit the
piece into the tailight socket , because , it is small and has a flat , round
outer surface leaving very little to grasp. I had one in my 750. It is the best
safety device ( because it flashes for 8 - 10 seconds before becoming a steady red light when the brakes are applied ) I have seen for a motorcycle.
When I apply the brakes the flashing attracts attention from the car behind me. I have noticed cars coming to a stop 5,6,7,feet ,or more, to the rear of
my bike. Has anyone else installed this light , and , witnessed similar results ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I put one on my V-Star last year after noticing a Harley with one and it's still working; knock on wood I haven't been hit yet. :]

You really can't miss them and I'll probably get one for every bike I own; they come with a spare bulb to boot. Glad to know they work for the Vulcan as well. My Yamaha dealer ordered mine for me - what part number did you need to order for the LT, I might need this info some day... :]

·
Registered
424 Posts
I just installed a Kisan Tailblazer in my 09 LT. It was a bit difficult to fit the
piece into the tailight socket , because , it is small and has a flat , round
outer surface leaving very little to grasp. I had one in my 750. It is the best
safety device ( because it flashes for 8 - 10 seconds before becoming a steady red light when the brakes are applied ) I have seen for a motorcycle.
When I apply the brakes the flashing attracts attention from the car behind me. I have noticed cars coming to a stop 5,6,7,feet ,or more, to the rear of
my bike. Has anyone else installed this light , and , witnessed similar results ?
I have the Kisan Signal Minder with Run Brake Turn hooked up, this makes the rear turn signals into brake and run, they flash when the break is applied. YES cars seem to stop far enough back so they can see the tail lights --- and i like that :D

Oh and it also auto cancels the turn signal hence the name.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is it straight "plug-n-play" or did you have to do any splicing/adding of wires?
It was plug-n-play on the V-Star, I would guess it's the same on all bikes. The link MN Nomad gave a couple posts above says it's plug-n-play too. It was pretty simple, even *I* didn't mess it up. :]

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Kisan Signal Minder with Run Brake Turn hooked up, this makes the rear turn signals into brake and run, they flash when the break is applied. YES cars seem to stop far enough back so they can see the tail lights --- and i like that :D

Oh and it also auto cancels the turn signal hence the name.
I could go for *this* - the V-Star has autocancel sigs and I'm really used to them now... I don't even want to think about what people were saying when I was riding around testing the Vulcan and the other bikes that didn't have autocancel sigs, cause I sure wasn't remembering to turn the things off 99% of the time. :rolleyes: lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts