Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

kinda need some advice

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  mattmo78 
#1 ·
well today i have become single over a new bike which is a 99 vulcan 1500 that i got at a steal. Now i own a few bikes which are a sport bike, harley davidson, and now a vulcan and i must say the thing rides a little better then the harley. but over all i need advice, is it wrong of me to choice another bike over a girl? and why is it that women are shallow and only want the guys with 6 packs bs. i really enjoy riding but it seems that every one i try to date wants either money spent on them all the time or wants someone who is a model. so is it wrong to pick a bike over a woman? and what's wrong with women in the world and this is like every woman i talk to

#2 ·
First of all, are you insane:eek: What question! You are a member of the human family and humans need other humans. Bikes will come and go a good woman might out last a bike, its hard to say these days. If you are a skinny 90 pound weakling and you have found a good woman willing to give you a chance, then you should do everything in your power to make her happy. I love motorcycles, but they do not keep me warm on a cold night nor can I have a conversation with one.

You have admitted you already own several other bikes why would you let the desire for another one come between you and your woman. On the other hand if she is the shallow sort who is with you just for your money, then you have not found the right lady.

Next time find one who likes to ride motocycle and avoid any trouble before it starts.:D Sage advice from someone who knows!

#3 ·
On the other hand, a woman who doesn't love your bikes can be a PITA.
On the other hand, women who really dig guys with bikes can be a PITA.
On the other hand, no one here knows what your situation really is, so making a judgment is really hard.
On the other hand....

see a trend here?

#5 ·
Dude... with so little info, I'd recommend...

Sounds like somethin' you've gotta work out for yourself. I'm gonna go back to threads about bikes. :D

#7 ·
I would take a good woman over a good bike any day. I got lucky and have both. It sounds to me that you haven't found a good woman yet. Until you find a woman that cares about you and not your money or looks stay with the bikes. And don't forget; A good woman deserves a good man.

#9 · (Edited)
from a womans point of view ... not EVERY woman is shallow and wants a model with 6 pack abs ... nor a man wants a model with the perfect figure ... finding someone that is interested in your hobbies is the key .. You will find if you gave a woman as much attention as You do your bikes and get them involved you can have the best of both worlds ... good woman are hard to find and I agree with a comment above .. a bike does not keep You warm at night or holds a very good conversation ... Not every woman is interested in bikes BUT they are interested in a GOOD man :) good luck !

#10 ·
I have to agree with amy c. not every woman is shallow .. and chosing a bike over a woman is crazy !! not everybody has the same interests .. My husband had a bike 5 years and had his own hobby and enjoyed his rides with his friends , I however at that time was not interested but not once did he stray or walk away because of it ... I slowly got interested in his hobby of bikes.. it was a slow process.. a few months ago he bought me my first bike and we enjoy the bike riding together .... enjoying it together is great BUT it was great before as well ... just because a woman is not interested in a bike does not mean she is not interested in you .. You can get alot of enjoyment out of riding the bike BUT you can get even more enjoyment out of sharing a life with someone with or without a bike ..

#11 ·
I was once told "women are all insane. You just have to find one with a kind of insanity you can live with."

Ladies, you can say the same thing about men.

As far as the original problem goes, if you chose a bike over a woman, you weren't really interested in her anyway. Better that you let her go, so she can find a guy that appreciates her.

#12 ·
Well in life there are sacrifices.. say if she wants a six pack let her have one. My advice is to find another lady who would like to share a six pack with you. If she likes nice things there is something she can do also. It is called a job. If it is true love she will come back. Trust me my wife hates the bike, but lets me ride, works and actually spends her money on my hobby. there are special ladies out there, just have to find one.

#13 ·
Find you a good woman with a nice bike. Now that is the best of both worlds. Of course that is something I was never able to do. But I do manage to keep things cool on the homefront. I don't think my wife would ever want to have her own bike. But she does love to go for rides. I bought her a nice set of riding leathers and last weekend she bought some leather boots to wear while we ride. she's a keeper. And, who knows maybe someday she will say she would like her own bike.
Now back to your original question. It comes down to choices. Life is full of them. You have to make a choice. Just make a choice you can live with. And remember this time of year it is starting to get pretty cold at night.

#15 ·
I don't know about you guys, but I've had some great conversations with my bike out on the road. It's great therapy sometimes. :D

Anyway... all I can say is, it will happen when it happens. When the right girl comes along, you will definitely know it. I've ridden bikes for a few years now and also have the most amazing girl that I'm engaged to. She was never around motorcycles before she met me. I think she road 1 bike before she met me and hated it. Now, she loves going for short rides and going around town with me. She hasn't built herself up for long rides yet, but that time will come and I'm sure she will enjoy it as much as I do.

If you find a girl that likes you for who you are, and it WILL happen, then she will also accept the motorcycles. If you are finding girls that are only interested in money or abs, I think you are looking in the wrong places. But, like the girls above stated, you do have to show some appreciation to your lady. They like to be taken care of and pampered just as much, if not more, than the bikes do. ;)

#17 ·
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.:dance::clap::laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.