Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been riding my 2k for 4 years now and wouldn't change a thing....except.....been fussing with the kickstand (searching) the whole time. Just put a kuryakin kickstand extender on and am now in love all over again. First time I put it up I got my shoestring hung up but learned that lesson so it won't happen again. If you have any issue at all with this, you got to try this inexpensive fix.

·
Registered
864 Posts
OK im interested , especially since the stand i bought for my VV was the wrong one so where did you buy it ??? I have done a search on a couple of online stores but i have struck out so far.... Bulldozer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK im interested , especially since the stand i bought for my VV was the wrong one so where did you buy it ??? I have done a search on a couple of online stores but i have struck out so far.... Bulldozer
cruisercustomizing.com search kickstand extension part #ky7109
I think part #ky7108 would work also

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thanks i found it........

·
Registered
59 Posts
cruisercustomizing.com search kickstand extension part #ky7109
I think part #ky7108 would work also
I went with, have the #7108. I love it, except when it cuts me (twice now)
from that pointed end. No, I don't wear boots. I had to put a little scrap
rubber (not that kind) around the kickstand stalk to make it a little bigger.
I haven't had to tighten it yet. It has held firm, and I always find the
kickstand to lower. I am going to order another one for my other bike.

When I first read this posts description, I though you were talking about an
extension to make the kickstand longer. I know our 2004 & 2005's are
short. One of the first things I added was a Herman Monster looking
extension off ebay. Looks terrible, but did the job. I am not a radical peg
scraping kind of rider, but I have been scraping this extension into shape.

Herb

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thats what i was thinking as well, my beast isnt near as bad as the VV as far as lean goes. There have been 3 occasions in the last 2 weeks where i parked my VV and it was leaning so far over i had to get my riddin buddy to help me get it upright, frickin embarrassing and im not a 200lb weakling but i feel like one. On the beast i can always turn my wheel to the right and no matter the angle i can get it up.... If you still have a link to the ebay store you picked up your extension i would appreciate it. Bulldozer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rons bike 001.jpg seems to be a misconception of what a kickstand extender does. doesn't raise the bike when sitting still, it allows easier access to the kickstand to raise or lower. really doesn't even touch the ground.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Grease it up

I was having a hard time putting down my stand then I got the bright idea to hit it with a shot of white lithium grease. No extender needed after that :D
Ride safe

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
bear footin

just how 'spensive do you need? I just toss a chunk o' 2 by on the floor and seems to make her stand up tall. then again if you lower your girl, front and or back, she will stand up w/o all the fussin'. out, ponch

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey Ponch dont really have a problem with the Beast but this fricken Voyager about yanks my arm outa the socket every now and then tryin to yank it up and who in the heck am i gonna get to put that 2 by 4 under the kick stand every time i stop for a bathroom break ( im old so i need to stop often ) ?? As far a lowerin the Beast it wouldnt work down here man there are pot holes that are so deep they raise fish in em....... ! I hit one the other day and it about bounced me over the handle bars not to mention killin like 20 fish it was horrible.. Bulldozer

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
three wheels make a plane... or maybe a f22 raptor?

this fricken Voyager every time i stop for a bathroom break ( im old so i need to stop often ) it was horrible.. Bulldozer
bd, consider a more permanent kinda kickstand. try 3 wheels. never have to put it down or pick it up again. took me a while, but I got to the place where I actually like this rig. it's a gas and a hoot to ride. no more putting feet down. it turns on a dime. has brakes at all wheels, 'cetera, 'cetera. now CSC is doing rigs for Jap bikes. the Voyager is in the works.. rats, they skipped over the bear. check em out at www.californiasidecar.com way 2cool suspension system is why I chose CSC.
btw, you aint old.. you just worn out from all that hard/fast living. ez up. out, ponch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts