Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to me yesterday so just thought I ask for a show of hands (misery loves company) how many of you have went to set the bike down and forgot that you didn't put the kickstand down (don't be ashamed).

I got lucky the saddlebags and pegs saved the bike, wish I could say the same for my ankle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can honestly say, that has not happened to me, honestly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have done the opposite!! When I first got my Custom, preparing to go on one of the first rides, I couldn't understand why the engine would cut out whenever I enagaged first gear.....Doh!! sidestand still down!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you mean like last Thursday when I got ready to go and remembered that my riding glasses were still in the saddle bag? I was getting off the bike when I realized that the stand wasn’t down (about 2 degrees past the point of no return). I haven’t tries to go with the stand down in a while…

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean like last Thursday when I got ready to go and remembered that my riding glasses were still in the saddle bag? I was getting off the bike when I realized that the stand wasn’t down (about 2 degrees past the point of no return). I haven’t tries to go with the stand down in a while…
The point of no return is right, why couldn't I know what was happening before that point. You know it happens so fast and yet it felt like it was all in slooooooowwww mooooootttttiiiiiooooon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
makes me wonder if I am the only one who shuts the bike off by putting the kickstand down. Never have to wonder if the kick is up or down when the bike is off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Happened to me yesterday so just thought I ask for a show of hands (misery loves company) how many of you have went to set the bike down and forgot that you didn't put the kickstand down (don't be ashamed).

I got lucky the saddlebags and pegs saved the bike, wish I could say the same for my ankle.
I've done that more than once but not since I quit drinkin'

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I've done it once. Isn't it funny that when we do something like that, the first thing we do is look around to see if anyone saw it?

I often pop the kickstand down before I come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thank goodness I havn't yet, although I did have to pick my bike up last week. My brother and i went for a ride on a very windy day and parked on a slight incline with the wind behind us, got off and the wind blew it down the road until the stand folded, I was 2 seconds too late to save it. Lucky, no damage.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Been there, done that:))

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Not had the displeasure, but my riding buddy has done it twice now with me looking on as a witness.... the first time was at the beginning of our first road trip some years ago, and he swore that he would never forget the stand again....yeah, right!...... Second time was just a few weeks down the road, but now, like an AA record, he has been KSMIA free (kickstand missing in action)for about 3 years. Probably just jinxed him....

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
There are three things I'll never forget - again; put the kickstand down, June 1st is my anniversary, umm, uh, hmmm, I can't remember the third, or was it only two things I'll never forget, shit! I can't remember!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I did it this summer. Luckily less than a month before, I had added a Lindby Multibar. It paid for itself right there. A few scratches on the bottom corner of the bar but no damage anywhere on the bike.

Normally what I do is put the stand down then leave my foot on top of it until the bike is completely on the stand, but at that moment I had a lot of distractions and forgot to do it. I haven't forgotten since then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are three things I'll never forget - again; put the kickstand down, June 1st is my anniversary, umm, uh, hmmm, I can't remember the third, or was it only two things I'll never forget, shit! I can't remember!
ROFL literally.

I typically use the kick to turn my bike off as well, in this case my bike was already off as I was waiting behind my buddy to use the gas pump. So after he was done I walked the bike up to the pump and the rest is history.

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
#3 Put the toilet seat down!

Dammit! I knew there was three of them!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts