1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
No experience but $600 sounds high. I just replaced my stock speakers for less than $100. The grills in the add are shaped wrong also.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's definitely expensive. But it's pretty neat, given that it has the included harnesses and requires no splicing. I wish they'd sell just the harness. I sent them an e-mail to see if I could order just the bracket and the wiring harness (maybe they sell replacement parts?). That'd sure make amp installation a lot easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is a slick package but $600 is a bit steep. If that included a replacement head unit, I would order one right now. Thanks for posting, I bet at some point the price will drop. Something worth monitoring.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Also appears to be only a 2 channel system, but am impressed that at least there are plug n play options for anything other than Harley. Since our bikes dont come with rear speaker, but are add ons, it would seem that may become an option if these sell decent.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I built a system that was more powerful for about $200 that I mounted to my V-Max a few years ago. Looked redneck as all [BLEEP], but when I plugged in my iPod, I had some loud tunes. You should be able to find some higher rated speakers in that size, and a higher rated amp as well. It might mean crafting your own mount for the amp, but $600 for what that delivers seems a bit much.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The price is steep but the brand is Quality!
Quality costs money

That being I personally would not spend $600 for it just because it is not worth it to me
But for someone who can afford it I bet they wouldn't be sorry

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also appears to be only a 2 channel system, but am impressed that at least there are plug n play options for anything other than Harley. Since our bikes dont come with rear speaker, but are add ons, it would seem that may become an option if these sell decent.
Rear speakers aren't even available on the Vaquero; and it's labeled for both. I imagine that might've been part of the motivation too.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I built a system that was more powerful for about $200 that I mounted to my V-Max a few years ago. Looked redneck as all [BLEEP], but when I plugged in my iPod, I had some loud tunes. You should be able to find some higher rated speakers in that size, and a higher rated amp as well. It might mean crafting your own mount for the amp, but $600 for what that delivers seems a bit much.
I'm actually more interested in the wiring harness. No splicing into factory wires. I contacted them about purchasing the wiring harness separately, and they said no! Which is a shame.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew I had seen a kit long long ago..... it was by Hogtunes and was in the $300 range.... now $380 - $420

Kawasaki Products
Maybe there will be more kits on the horizon, or; ideally, just the harness and mounting plate. Just for simplicities sake. Splicing wires and fabricating a mount aren't difficult but; I sure would love the clean easy install these kits seem to offer!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Maybe there will be more kits on the horizon, or; ideally, just the harness and mounting plate. Just for simplicities sake. Splicing wires and fabricating a mount aren't difficult but; I sure would love the clean easy install these kits seem to offer!
On ebay you can get a mount bracket for the amp, and honestly there is hardly any splicing. if you purchase any amp that has hi input levels all you would do is take the factory speaker leads and run those into the hi level inputs. and then run new speaker wires to your replacement speakers, obviously have to run a power and ground directly to the battery. I'm pretty sure the Rockford Fosgate has auto turn on once a signal is sensed to the high level inputs the amp will turn on so no need for a remote wire.

·
Registered
490 Posts
OK, no reviews yet, but my mechanic is installing the Kicker kit as we speak... well, he's going to replace the amp once Kicker sends him a new one (defective). Said it was pretty easy to do.

With 2 little kids at home and no garage, and the fairing coming off to be replaced anyway (accident damage), I figured why not have the mechanic install it?

-John

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
go to Engineered Adapters | Speaker and Audio Adapters for your Motorcycle you can buy the amp mount $23.00, stereo-amp plug adapter $69.00 and speaker adapters $95.00 for the front cowling to mount 6.5 inch speakers instead of the factory 5.25 inch. Then you can buy what ever amp and speakers you want. I bought a clarion amp from Amazon $105.00 and polk audio 6.5" speakers for $68.00
so for $360 + $30 for incidentals (wire, fuses, eye connecters for battery whatnots) so $390 you'll save $200

Mine sounds great though I did spend a little more (a lot more for the Kawasaki Voyager trunk mount speakers) then replaced the speakers with polk audios
But if you just do the front you can wire the amp so more power goes to the speakers in the front.

Bottom line Engineered Adapters | Speaker and Audio Adapters for your Motorcycle is cheaper and you can put whatever amp and speakers you want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts