Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone relocated the key on your 900? If so, where did you put it, and how. I can't stand where it's at on mine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's not in a terrible spot... where were you looking to move it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea I'd be interested to hear if anyone actually has. I have not heard of it.

IMO, there really is not any great place for the ignition/key on a motorcycle !

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Has anyone relocated the key on your 900? If so, where did you put it, and how. I can't stand where it's at on mine.
I havent tried to move mine, its fine, but if you did want to relocate it .... back in the day, all brands of trail bikes and small road bikes had the key lock installed into a bracket that usually attached to a handlebar clamp or close by.

I would imagine that one size fits all or close to it. .... try a bike wrecker, walk around the bikes and see what you can find. You might have to lengthen the wires.

I have never seen any aftermarket relocation kit as yet

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truckie, I'm thinking somewhere that i can see it better when sitting on the bike. I usually have to put the key in first before I sit on the bike, or I'll end up scratching something up trying to find the key hole.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ya I think it sucks where they put it too.I like the older bikes with it on the handle bar & the locking steering hooked to it.Never lock the head on this bike because its a pain. Would also like the speado up there. I think they try to go for a cleaner look so they stick every thing down where you cant see it. Like the blinker indicator go figure.I like my car with the heads up display.Plan to put some blink leds that are bigger on the bars so I don't keep leaving them on.Just cant remember to always shut them off after having a bike that had cancel blinkers on it plus could see the indicator with out looking towards my knees.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wish they had put it under the speedo like alot of harleys and I think the same way they do bigger kawis.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Truckie, I'm thinking somewhere that i can see it better when sitting on the bike. I usually have to put the key in first before I sit on the bike, or I'll end up scratching something up trying to find the key hole.
Gotcha... I worry about that too. I usually have my finger over they key while I feel for the keyhole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts