I knew a key chain was out of the question
(Don't want to risk scratching things up) and the bike key
Being so small and easy to lose..... This is what I came up with
For my Green vaquero....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I never leave my key in the ignition - turn it on, take the key out and key goes in my jacket pocket. With my mind, it is best to have habits! The only other option is that I also have it set up to clip to my house keyring set, which is on a D-ring. Worked so far!

·
Registered
364 Posts
With the ignition switch being up on the tank o my vaquero
For my Green vaquero....
Having my key on a keychain never concerned me much since you can remove the key from the 1700's ignition once you have turned it on...suprisingly, some 1700 owners are not aware of that feature.

When biking, I just keep the key on a small chain with my house key...very little chance of scratching the bright work that way.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Having my key on a keychain never concerned me much since you can remove the key from the 1700's ignition once you have turned it on...suprisingly, some 1700 owners are not aware of that feature.

When biking, I just keep the key on a small chain with my house key...very little chance of scratching the bright work that way.
I really wish the 900 had that feature. I can only keep a couple of keys on the chain to prevent it from dangling and scratching something up (they ignition on that bike is below the seat). I would love to be able to turn it on and take it out!

Even better, by the time the wife and I get around to nabbing a voyager, they finally bring the Concours' key fob over! No key at all, if the fob is in your pocket, it starts!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fun!

Nice! Quite creative and easy to open a pop on the road to boot.

With the ignition switch being up on the tank o my vaquero
For my Green vaquero....

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have a stripped leather key chain. Makes it easy to dig the key out of my pocket.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have always kept my motorcycle keys on a ring similar to this. Except it has a Chevy bow tie and a dealers name on it and the ring on both sides are just standard rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts