Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this, I'm not sure where:

http://mykeyport.com/

I declare this to be the coolest thing since sliced bread. Basically it's a small box, about the size of a car remote, that can hold up to six key blades. Instead of having a bunch of keys jangling around, they're all in one neat little package.

Guy that invented it was apparently a biker.

Instead of having a key blade, you can replace one of the key blades with a flashlight, or a flash drive, or a bottle opener. Plus, each one has a unique serial number, so if it's lost it can be returned to you.

Neat idea.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like the fact that Kawasaki made it so you can remove the key while the bike is running so you don't have your keys bouncing around on the tank.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice concept, but that would be a LOT of weight hanging on the ignition on my 900 (more than just the key and single ring that usually hangs off of there). Plus, for a lot of people (I'd say most people), there aren't enough keys on the doo-dad. So, you'll still be stuck with another bunch of keys to deal with. And, it doesn't work with barrel-style keys, so that makes it useless to more bikers than it's useful for!

But, it sure looks flashy!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Pretty neat doo-dad.

I used to use a multi-detachable keyring like the one pictured below.
It was nice but added size and weight with a FOB.
The when I started wearing earplugs on the bike; I got a pillbox keyring and that was just too much.

Now, I have my truck FOB with a key and a parachute clasp and my pillbox keyring with multiple parachute clasps.
My Voyager, Rocket and non-duplicatable work keys are all on their own ring with a parachute clasp.
I hook them in and out depending on what I'm riding.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I vote for a keyless fob

Unless I'm standing, I can't get the key out of my pocket
If I'm wearing gloves, I can't get the key out of my pocket
If I'm wearing gloves, it's hard to get the key in the ignition

If the key fob stays in my pocket,
I'd never walk away and leave the keys in the ignition.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unless I'm standing, I can't get the key out of my pocket
If I'm wearing gloves, I can't get the key out of my pocket
If I'm wearing gloves, it's hard to get the key in the ignition

If the key fob stays in my pocket,
I'd never walk away and leave the keys in the ignition.
Keyless starting?

...here's an option:
http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/motorcycles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.