Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out on the road and had a key mishap my fault but bottom line spare on kitchen counter 500 mils away, it all worked out for me but out on trip stopped at two dealers one very small and one very large and neither one could cut me a key. Now to me that is piss poor service on the big dealers part. La Cross WI
So my question is does anyone know what key blank you need for a 2014 VV research is very misleading? two keys I have found is ILCO KW14 and Silca KW 14 would this be right or wrong blanks? your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I R NOT A LOCKSMITH but I do know Ilco and Silca are key blank manufacturers -- those seem to be the same blank from different companies. Chances are either both will work or neither will work.

We've had a recent thread on key blanks ... darned if I can find it in search at the moment, though. Maybe someone who's subscribed can come up with a link. I do remember some folks went through all sorts of effort to get blanks, and a couple just moseyed down to the local Ace and, whaddayaknow, they had a blank that worked, although it was a little long.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The local locksmith in my area made spare keys for my Voyager and Nomad. Gave him the factory key and less than 10 minutes out the door with two spare keys for $4.50 each.

·
Registered
547 Posts
In Indiana you have to prove you own the bike or dealers will say too bad. Son went thru this cluster when he bought a Nomad and the dud lost the ONLY key. The day we showed up to drive it home..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts