Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at my '05 800B and wondering what if I removed the passenger backrest and stock seat and got a new seat for that solo look, or should I keep the stock seat and just remove the backrest? Probably won't be having a passenger anymore.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Seats are about the most changed things on a bike. I had no trouble doing 650 mile trip in one day on mine, same bike, 05 800 Classic. Got the Mustang because new GF could barely do 35-40 miles on the stock seat. The one advantage to not having a solo seat for me is commuting to and from work, I have a place to strap my lunch bag to. If you get a Mustang 2pc wide tour seat, you'll have a place to strap stuff when needed and in just a minute have the solo seat only. 1 screw hold back seat on.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
:smile2:I added lambswool cover to improve stock seat however still only use the 800 for around town & shorter cruises. Wife prefers the Nomad comfort, would definately replace the stock seat with something if the 800 was my main ride

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wait, I just remembered this, that years ago I bought a black motorcycle poly gel seat cushion and I think it's stored somewhere, maybe I should go find it and put that on my '05 800 stock seat. If it works then I won't need to buy a new seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts