Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took advantage of the warmer (not warm) weather to ride today. If you're ever on 1-26 near Erwin,TN, here's a sign to look for. There are usually my three buddies hanging out under the french fries sign, hoping for a handout.

When heading in that direction, the saddlebag has at least one bag of fresh carrots from the IGA store a mile away. HINT: keep a close eye on your FINGERS when feeding THIS crowd.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the destination, it's the ride. Oh, how true. We find all kinds of neat stuff on our rides. Ever seen an Edsel station wagon? How about TWO Edsel station wagons in the same yard. We ride such remote backroads, we got a glimpse of a Hudson Hornet, complete with the original owner and his wife.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not the destination, it's the ride. Oh, how true. We find all kinds of neat stuff on our rides. Ever seen an Edsel station wagon? How about TWO Edsel station wagons in the same yard. We ride such remote backroads, we got a glimpse of a Hudson Hornet, complete with the original owner and his wife.

I so agree. I love to navigate avoiding interstates as much as possible. I think Vulcans are the perfect Farm/County Road vehicles.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While this spot in the pic is next to an interstate, we don't ride it hardly ever. When I say "backroads," I mean the kind of road where you can cruise at 35-45mph and never see a car for up to 30 minutes. Since the snow melted, we saw some beautiful whitewater in the stone-lined creeks as we rode.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
"There are usually my three buddies hanging out under the french fries sign, hoping for a handout."

That's why I call mine "welfare horses". They stand there waiting for someone to feed them when they have a whole pasture of grass or a round bale of hay available.
Maybe theg aren't hungry, just people watching. Looking to see the most odd thing of the day or the license plate from the fartherest state.
Maybe they wish their elbows would allow them to sort of fist pump when a big rig goes by to see if they can get the trucker to blow that funny sounding horn? I don't know. I do know I've ridden up on mine and beeped my little horn and I swear I'd see them smile. But that's probably because they've waited me out and know they're fixing to get fed again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, yea, honk that wimpy Vulcan 900 horn yesterday, they came running across the field. Since they lick my clothes, either they like me or looking for something else to eat, not sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts