Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 VN900B

So, just recently acquired a person who trusts me with their life and likes sitting on the back of my 900 Classic.
That got me to looking at floorboards. I noticed that I installed the "long" bracket on the left side and the short bracket on the right.
It kinda seems they should be the other way around - so that the longer side hangs out more over the exhaust.

Sure, I could just take them off and try to switch them but I feel kinda lazy today and just thought I'd ask "The Collective". Thanks in advance for your patience.

I installed the Kawasaki Passenger Floorboards awhile ago and the instructions were rather lame.

How are yours installed?

Pics below for reference.
Left-Side

Right-Side

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed them for the Mrs a couple weeks ago. I put the long brackets on the exhaust side for the reason you stated. Looked right to me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
2017 VN900B

So, just recently acquired a person who trusts me with their life and likes sitting on the back of my 900 Classic.
That got me to looking at floorboards. I noticed that I installed the "long" bracket on the left side and the short bracket on the right.
It kinda seems they should be the other way around - so that the longer side hangs out more over the exhaust.

Sure, I could just take them off and try to switch them but I feel kinda lazy today and just thought I'd ask "The Collective". Thanks in advance for your patience.

I installed the Kawasaki Passenger Floorboards awhile ago and the instructions were rather lame.

How are yours installed?
;) Congrats.

Don't have floor boards, no reason. You are correct the install instructions are lame, there is no mention that either of the brackets are longer than the other, just a right/left designation based on the part number. Can't tell from pics whether it would actually make a difference. Personally it would drive me crazy, but I need therapy.
Up to you.

Ride Safe.

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes sense. I will change them out.

Thank you for the reply!

I just installed them for the Mrs a couple weeks ago. I put the long brackets on the exhaust side for the reason you stated. Looked right to me.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right again my friend. They work fine - but it IS driving me crazy too!!!

...and off I go to fix it. LOL

Have a great day!

;) Congrats.

Don't have floor boards, no reason. You are correct the install instructions are lame, there is no mention that either of the brackets are longer than the other, just a right/left designation based on the part number. Can't tell from pics whether it would actually make a difference. Personally it would drive me crazy, but I need therapy.
Up to you.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where did you get your floorboards. O bought a set of of fleabay that are china crap. they don't sit right and the adjustments are huge intervals that you cant go halfway on. really looking for a better option.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am happy with these and especially because Kawasaki did not put a big kawasaki logo on them!

(But wow - I am pretty sure they were not over $200.00 when I purchased them)

You can also get the OEM on eBay by using the part number:

·
Registered
66 Posts
That was why i ended up going with the knock offs but i wish i had just saved the $$. I have never seen a set in the for sale section here was hoping to catch a set someone took off but no luck. One of these days ill break down and get the oem set but not till after i take care of a few other things that are more important.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here ya go!!

That was why i ended up going with the knock offs but i wish i had just saved the $$. I have never seen a set in the for sale section here was hoping to catch a set someone took off but no luck. One of these days ill break down and get the oem set but not till after i take care of a few other things that are more important.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL - well she's been around but just tired of me taking off for hours by myself. Now she's hooked. She went out and bought Sedici jacket and matching gloves, boots, and a Shoei NeoTec II.

Pray for me brother.... pray for me. LOL

Hey Piper. Congratulations on your new person acquisition. 😀😀

1 - 11 of 11 Posts