Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being the chrome whore that I am I just couldn't resist Amazon's price of $75.72. I've been eyeballing this piece for a long time but just couldn't see paying the $110+ most places are asking. Has anyone put this on and if so is it a difficult job?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-K14091-0510-Inside-Pulley-Cover/dp/B0013XYP5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435887812&sr=8-1&keywords=Kawasaki++Chrome++Pulley+Cover[/ame]

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've never seen a good picture of this piece so I never considered one but it should be a simple bolt on. Take the plasti-chrome cover off and there's 2 or 3 bolts that hold it on.

The part I colored grey is what you're talking about. The area in blue is what actually shows after installation. You can see there are several small parts (wire clips, belt guide, etc.) that I assume don't come on the new part and need to be changed out.

PS: the Kawasaki website has these blow-ups and they're great for this type of research.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, link fixed. I'm talking about the inner pulley cover as stated in the title of this thread. I've seen one installed and it looks great. Just wondering how much of a chore it's going to be. Thank's SteveJB, that's quite helpful.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mmmm shiny Crommmmmmmme

·
Registered
18 Posts
Replaced mine, easy to do, took me about an hour, and that was taking my time, slight modification required to inner belt guide, but instructions with the cover made it perfectly clear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts