Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey KDawg, got home just in time to catch a movie, Glad to hear you got home OK, always had 'nough faith on those lucky charms Zig gave us.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Perty kikazz clip Dr. watched it thru and sent it to my old krew. they was invited. nex trip they won't miss. gracias poncho

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perty kikazz clip Dr. watched it thru and sent it to my old krew. they was invited. nex trip they won't miss. gracias poncho
Thank you Poncho.
I tried as hard as a could to make it as professional of a film as possible, a Travel Channel style thing rather than another amateur facetube short vid for teens with pubes for brains and built in ADD...

I hope I managed to take the viewer on a journey with us, and above all, to illustrate a bigger picture. Whether or not I have succeeded - time, comments and ratings will tell.

Thank you for sharing some of the greatest roads in the nation and for all the best times this year that we had.

Alex

·
Registered
814 Posts
Great video!

Now that's about the neatest Kawboy Invasion video I could ever imagine seeing. A really nice culmination to what I'm sure was the adventure ride of a lifetime.

DonRumata, thank you for sharing "Kawboy Chronicles" with all of us. Your music and video scenery, and story telling narrative captured the essence of what motorcycling is all about. Many of us have been following the "Invasion" thread for many months and were excited to see and hear all about you guy's experience. As soon as I found your video I watched all 100 minutes last night. Nice, very nice, enjoyed it all, and I'm sure took many hours of work.

:grin2: :laugh2: :cloudy: :nailbiting: :music: :highfive: :good:!!!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Just got through watching the video! Very Excellent! You are a true professional, but better yet...a great guy!

Only question I have is why did the camera make me look 20 pounds heavier and everyone else looked normal? Lol!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Thank you for sharing some of the greatest roads in the nation and for all the best times this year that we had. Alex
thems roads were jus a primer for the nex couple giddyups. We use these kinda routes to weed out the weak ones. Can't hardley believe y'all hanged in ther tenaciously or mebbe it was sevenatiously?

Wen y'all finish licking yor wounds, mite be time to get nuther war game plan on the table. Baja is off table this fall, mebbe East Apple'achia or the Godless NorthWest aka Oreo'gone to the doggs?

Vid commentary: please increase voice level and clarity and reduce background music intensity.. and/or provide close caption for the hearing impaired, er I mean challenged.. gotta keep them PC libs sedated. poncho

need to Edit: Wednesday 7, after dinner departure, you list me as headed home 4 days erly. I did ride with the TexRebs to Price Utah that eve. Thurs morn we all split up separate directions to thro the Pinkertons off our trail. I continued north to Flaming Gorge and then east thru Steamboat Springs and beyond. I still had several daze of mountain riding solo to get my quota.
Friday, riding thru Gunnison, I was ambushed by the Neber'askin tribe. they invited to buy me lunch, it was just a ruse. the day b4 they had kidnapped Ziggs and held him hostage. I negotiated his release, that I would watch him for another day. So he and I headed south to Lake City where I turned him over to the local "fish n bug" shop keeper to keep an eye on him..
only then did I proceed to finish them mountains and point my pony SxE into Nooha Mehico, tejas bound. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Now that's about the neatest Kawboy Invasion video I could ever imagine seeing. A really nice culmination to what I'm sure was the adventure ride of a lifetime.

DonRumata, thank you for sharing "Kawboy Chronicles" with all of us. Your music and video scenery, and story telling narrative captured the essence of what motorcycling is all about. Many of us have been following the "Invasion" thread for many months and were excited to see and hear all about you guy's experience. As soon as I found your video I watched all 100 minutes last night. Nice, very nice, enjoyed it all, and I'm sure took many hours of work.

:grin2: :laugh2: :cloudy: :nailbiting: :music: :highfive: :good:!!!
DR I second everything Refish said. I also have followed the Kawboy tread from the beginning. You brought it to a magnificent end with your work. But more than that you planted the seed or desire to join up with the Kawboys for their next adventure. Thank you again for the great work. More than just a video of a ride.

WEG

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
had 'nough faith on those lucky charms Zig gave us.
thems were lucky charms? I thot they were lil seed snax, to munch while ridding. I guess they're still lucky. Tho some mite mistake it now for bear skatt?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
There might be something to the Juniper Beads....everyone made it home safe!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your kind words guys.

To answer some of your questions.

The reason we look fat in some of the shots are attributed to the frames taken with GoPro. It is a wide lens camera. A fisheye. It distorts objects in close proximity in order to get a wider view. This is why Zig got extra pounds, and I got even bigger nose. I used it off the bike and off the lid sometime to not intimidate the guys. Much better quality footage is taken with professional Sony TV camera (see attached). That cam is used by TV reporters, however when I used the good camera I got a lot of shots of your backs instead. Everyone instinctively turn away. I have enough footage from that camera to do an alternative version of the movie entitled "Too Late to see".

Some of the footage is taken with my Galaxy 5S, that is when I did not have batteries in GoPro and did not use the professional cam. This is where you see everything shaking. Even though I have ran that footage through a few algos to remove the shakes, it is still pretty shaky. GoPro gave me no end of grief. The remote takes 15 seconds to fire up so a lot of stuff was not filmed and thus lost to history.

We had a lot of funny jokes and had great time, which was edited out and dropped completely. That is due to my microphones. They are fine at close proximity or when there are only two people talking. But when there are seven of us, and there are two or three conversations going on at the same time the sound is just a cacophony. Can’t distinguish one conversation from the other. When you are actually there in person, the brain edits out what it does not want and focuses on the conversation you are having. Camera mic does not do that. The proper way to capture that would be to use seven lapel wireless microphones recorded on seven separate channels so I can mix the sound during production. I did not have that equipment with me.

Lid mic is a wired microphone that is mounted inside of my head-bucket. It is a Movo GM100. I have tried other setups but this one works the best. Still it catches some road noise.

Normally when I work on sound tracks for music I have it sent to mastering house after mixing to a professional mastering house DigiDo it cost about $1,200 for 45 minutes of sound, and takes at least 1 month of waiting because this guy is the best, but has a lot of customers. Have to order in advance. I did not send the sound track for this movie to the mastering house. The mastering insures that it translates properly to different speakers. It may sound fine on my professional studio monitors at home, but might sound crapy on some other equipment. Mastering takes care of that. This sound track is not mastered.

Poncho, I did not do subtitles because it is very very time consuming. I can cut a version just for you with subtitles if you like, and give you a download link. But it will take some time and a lot of effort to do. I will do that only if you really want to.

Edit of your fate after we split up would require footage of some sort. Which I do not have. Thus have ended it more dramatically.

Footage I got from you guys. I used very little of it unfortunately, because difference in picture quality is huge, even with all the digital processing. I need at 1080p at 60fps, but I got a lot of 720i at 30 fps compressed. Once you render both together the drop in quality is dramatic… When removing shakes from 30fps I end up with 15 fps and 720 pixels turns into more like 420. Like an old 1950's TV. And colors are so dramatically different that I might as well do that in black and white...

If I had a chance to do this again, or do another one I would give every one of you a light small minicam with good quality sensor. So that the colors and clarity is spectacular all across the board. I would not even dream about it on the first time around because you did not know how I edit and what the final product would be. I do not know if there ever going to be a "next time" for the video shoot. But if there going to be one, I have learned a lot a about videography and what not to do on this trip.

Nonetheless. With what I had I tried the best I could to turn the frames into a story, and you to stars. If there will ever be a "next time" I will be A LOT more aggressive with the camera.

YouTube transmits 1080p 30fps, but it is compressed. I will send you link to an uncompressed master file so you have it for you memories. That one is uncompressed full HD 1080px60fps. Super smooth playback. (It is still uploading, 25GB)

On the Tube so far 32 views, 3 likes and no comments so far. Let's see how it does in a month from now.

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
dr, no need to add edit. just commentary that our trip week was not over yet, nobody was headed strate home.

As sound edit the voice over, others ( I can't hear) have said it needs to be louder. but then the music is too loud.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Just passed this link to a Harley buddy of mine. I know he'll enjoy it. Can't wait to hear back from him. Again, great job!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts