Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 abs gear gage

861 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SteveJB 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have an issue with the incorrect gear showing on the indicator? It does eventually get to the correct place but can be annoying when you think you're in a lower gear but actually are the next gear up.
I addressed it with my dealer and they replaced whatever caused it, but it started again about two weeks later.

#2 ·
This is a common issue with the 1700's. Do a search and you'll find a lot of comments about it. On mine, it'll start doing it more often as it gets closer to needing an oil change. Others have reported the sensor needs cleaning, but it always comes back. Whatever actually causes it, I think you'll just need to live with it.

#3 ·
Same with my '17 Vaquero. I noticed it about two months after I bought it. I've gotten used to ignoring it over the years. I really don't see any need for it in the first place, but the real problem is when it sticks on 2nd and try to set the cruise control. A couple of times I've had to lightly tap the shifter to get it to hop into the correct gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.