Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I recently just purchased a Kawasaki Vulcan s ABS 2016 model and I just noticed today after my ride that my tail light, brake light (when I use both front and rear brake) don’t work and my Parker light (light above the headlight) isn’t working. The headlight and indicators are working perfectly. I tried looking only to where the fuses are but I can’t find a definite answer. I found the fuses on the right side of the radiator but none of them specify any lights. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 ABS
72 Posts
Look on left side of your bike, you should see a panel with a key hole under the seat. Unlock it, fuse is in there.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look on left side of your bike, you should see a panel with a key hole under the seat. Unlock it, fuse is in there.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Never mind sorry guys I found it it’s under the right fender cover next to the radiator on the right side. It’s called 10A Br.HORN next to the 15A FAN and 10A SPARE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, I'm having the exact same problem (for a 2019 vulcan s) after a little accident (I went off road and drove in tall grass over 5-6 meters before dropping the motorcycle...).
Noob's questions, do I need to change all the fuse or some in particular?
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
398 Posts
Check to make sure your brake light switches are working. It could possibly be a break in the wire or a bad connection at connector.

Reactions: christopho

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't think so cause the light works when I switch turning signal but I'm not sure.
Maybe it's the wire around the brake switch as suggested by @JerryKVS
I think I'll just go to a mechanic and ask to do a full check up as well while he's at it

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
398 Posts
Turn signal and brake lights are two different bulbs and circuits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this really helpful. My tail light stop illuminating during a ride. Turned out my Brake Light/Horn (Fuse 10 A) was blown. Replaced it and adjusted the brake light switch. I don’t know if it’s just my bike or if this is common for these bikes, but the brake light switch seems really easy to “adjust/loosen” on its own and doesn’t really lock into place. I’m going to swing by kawi tomorrow and see if that’s normal for it or if I need a new one.
Thanks guys ✌

Also check if brake light switch needs adjustment.
Refer to page 2-56 of service manual. View attachment 255689

1 - 19 of 19 Posts