Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm 32 from Minnesota and I'm looking to buy my first bike and I love the look and everything I read about this one, my only concern is I'm huge, 5'10" and nearly 400 lbs. I KNOW!! I'm doing something about it but it's not instant. So my question is what problems might I have, and would it even be a good bike for me, I'm not worried about looking stupid or not having the fastest/powerful bike. Just something to cruise around and get out of the house every now and again.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Welcome aboard Jonny!

The Vulcan S will be a fun bike. Plenty of power. The biggest issue you'll have, with almost any stock bike in this size range, is that you'll need to set the suspension preloads at or near their max; and they won't work their best. Just a trade-off. You might also look at the Vulcan 900 as something to consider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input I've thought about that, just figured with the 900 already weighing so much more and have a little less HP it might not get around as well, I'll still look into it, like i said I don't need all that much speed/power, I just like the look of this s abs a lot.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The 900 has more torque. That's going to make it actually quicker with more weight than the S. But if you like the "S", go for it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
John,

As a fellow Minnesotan and large guy welcome!

My first bike was going to be a 750, i had never ridden or anything, my salesman says, Paul you're a big boy, the 750 will get you to 70mph, it will be screaming and you'll have no power left to move If you have to get out of the way.

So he sold me an 1100, that was great for about a year, it had some passing power not much though, she was screaming at 65mph.

I weigh in at the same, buy the largest bike you can comfortably put your feet down on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts