Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all

I am looking for a driver backrest for my 2010 Voyager. Dealer is not able to help me.

I would prefer a folding one.

cheer

·
Registered
214 Posts
Grashopper here too. I love it. It is worth the money.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on my backrest

I received my backrest today. I am very happy with it. I got it from BAKUP USA.
I just wanted to let you know, and perhaps it may help other Canadian customer, that over and above the shipping fees, there are extremely expensive fees charged by carriers for shipping the parcel. They charge you high fees for custom clearance and brokers. These fees are way more then any other mean of shipping. Above the fees I was quoted, I had to pay an extra $75:00 dollars for fees plus of course Canadian taxes. All together it cost me an extra $137.00 dollars above the original shipping fees of $39.00 US dollars.

I recommend that Canadian customers investigate the fees prior to buying and avoid getting surprises like I did. The best way, I was told is to provide the invoice to Canada Customs at the nearest airport and pay the custom clearance yourself. It will end-up half the fees of the carrier.

Otherwise I will enjoy my backrest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yup custom charges will kill you. if i cannot get the vendor to ship US postal service, i usually do not order it (usually, not always there is no custom fees and it there is, it is reasonable)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know what my 2009 has, but it is the stock seat and it has a metal sleeve installed between rider and passenger. The seat-back is on a bracket that just slides in the slot. Totally install-able and removable just by sliding it in and out. The backrest looks like it came stock, but with the looking I've done, I'm sure it is after market. I know that wasn't very helpful, nor is the image I am attaching, but maybe someone will recognize it. I am taking delivery of the bike on Monday, and I can take some better pictures of it if you would like me to.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Woops, I just saw that you already purchased one. Oh well, I'll leave my post up in case it helps someone else.

Dan

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't know what my 2009 has, but it is the stock seat and it has a metal sleeve installed between rider and passenger. The seat-back is on a bracket that just slides in the slot. Totally install-able and removable just by sliding it in and out. The backrest looks like it came stock, but with the looking I've done, I'm sure it is after market. I know that wasn't very helpful, nor is the image I am attaching, but maybe someone will recognize it. I am taking delivery of the bike on Monday, and I can take some better pictures of it if you would like me to.

Dan
That looks like a Grasshopper backrest to me, Dan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got a Bakup backrest too shortly after I got my new 2016 Voyager. I like that it attaches to the passenger seat rather than the driver's seat. It has held up well with over a year of use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For the kind of money with custom charges you paid for that backrest, I would have bought a new Ultimate seat with the drivers backrest and passenger seat. After custom charges, taxes and change over to American money , you would have been close to the total cost of the new seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts