Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a Power Commander 5 for my 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero 1700. I've got the Vance & Hines twin slash cut slip ons with the baffles removed and stock air filter. I've applied the V&H map that Power Commander offers but I can't really tell a difference. Does anyone have a map for this they would be willing to share?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I caution you that a map for one bike (even same model) and especially in a different air density and temp environment may be not effective and can be worse than what you had.

ALWAYS back up your current map BEFORE sending a new one to the device. That way you can always go back to the map you had.

Also if you know a good Dyno shop in your area (some are not good) then it's usually money well spent.

Having said that if you want to try my map, you can look at this thread.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14889&page=9

on post #322

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey guys I just bought a Power Commander 5 for my 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero 1700. I've got the Vance & Hines twin slash cut slip ons with the baffles removed and stock air filter. I've applied the V&H map that Power Commander offers but I can't really tell a difference. Does anyone have a map for this they would be willing to share?
Whats your email and I'll send you a couple maps that I'm have great luck with.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
It won't hurt the exhaust valves if it's richened appropriately. Less restriction causes greater VE which if not re-tuned (or jetted etc) will cause a lean condition which over time can burn the valves.

Less restriction will hurt (take away) some of the torque or low to mid range rpm power. How much depends on variables. On the flip side it will add HP to the top end.

There is also some pressure wave action on less restrictive exhaust that will scavenge more air out of the combustion chamber on a cam with more overlap. This will cause an even more dramatic loss/add to Torgue/HP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could drill the screws out & pull them. You'd have to tap new threads and get new set screws if you didn't like it tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts