Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MC Enterprises p/n 1000-49 engine guard / crash bar / highway bar, what ever you call it this is the piece.

Installed on my 2008 Classic LT last season (will fit 2006 - 2010 VN900 Classic and LT as well as the Custom) and is a nice looking
piece.

The bike was knocked over recently and the bar did it's job and saved the engine case etc.

This is used and has a very minor scuff on it, it is NOT bent.

Insurance is paying for a replacement so I am going to sell it at a great savings.

Retail price is $193.95, average online price is between $165 - $170 and I am asking $120 or best offer.

Sturdy 1-1/4" diameter heavy wall steel tubing combines classic good looks with tip over protection. Triple chrome plated for durable good looks. Convenient place to attach foot pegs.

Attached is MCE's pic, a pic with it on my bike and a pic of the "damage".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kawasaki aftermarket "Fire and Steel" studded gel seat. I have used it for a couple months and it is definitely more comfortable
than the OE seat and adds better lower back support. The nice part it has a much cushier rear pad for the
passenger. The reason I am selling it is because I am putting the OE seat back on since I will only be using
this bike for trips under 1 hour since I bought a larger cruiser for long trips.

Retails for $265 and I am asking $200 or best offer. Email for more pics or questions.

I accept PayPal and if shipping is needed it can be arranged. I ship UPS only in the 48 states.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I'd leave the scuffed up crash bar on and use the 190 bucks for heated hand grips so you can ride all year long......or some other widget...It will tip over again, guaranteed, if you keep it long enough. Just saying....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'd leave the scuffed up crash bar on and use the 190 bucks for heated hand grips so you can ride all year long......or some other widget...It will tip over again, guaranteed, if you keep it long enough. Just saying....
Well 1st of all I don't need heated grips because I have snowmobile gloves and National Cycle grip guards. Secondly I live in Erie County Pennsylvania which means I live in the snow belt and experience lake effect snow so really there is again no reason to have heated grips because all year riding would be impossible.

Also it didn't tip over or fall over. Some @ss hit and ran early in the morning my SUV which slid sideways into my Nomad (owned it 2 weeks at that point) which toppled over and knocked the 900 over.

So I am going to replace the guard anyway and someone will get a nice deal :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the inquiries however the seat and guard are still for sale.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anyone interested I could have these items (when paid for) shipped out as early as Tuesday or Wednesday Sept 8 & 9, let me know

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI the MCE guard is sold, seat is still available

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price Lowered on Seat, Crashbar sold

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kawasaki aftermarket "Fire and Steel" studded gel seat. I have used it for a couple months and it is definitely more comfortable
than the OE seat and adds better lower back support. The nice part it has a much cushier rear pad for the
passenger. The reason I am selling it is because I am putting the OE seat back on since I will only be using
this bike for trips under 1 hour since I bought a larger cruiser for long trips.

Retails for $265 and I am asking $200 or best offer. Email for more pics or questions.

I accept PayPal and if shipping is needed it can be arranged. I ship UPS only in the 48 states.

New Price on the Seat, $200 shipped and I accept PayPal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts