Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen these on a bike up close and how do you think they compare to the aftermarket guys being they are about the same money maybe a bit more.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The way I went I got a OEM light bar because in my opinion it looked better than aftermarket and also considering they provide the relay and clear instructions made it very easy to install. On the other hand I went with a aftermarket crush bar because of the style.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Kawasaki light bar looks great afaiac however mine did not come with a relay. I had to add a relay as the oem bar instructions were to just tap the low beam wire and call it a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
These are opinion/style/choice items.

I like a number of other highway bars much better than the OEM. But, it's my opinion. Quality of many are just as good. Just different shapes and sizes.

As to light bar, I am okay with the Cobra. But, you need to address the exposure of the on off switch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I always buy genuine Kawasaki parts I feel that I may get more out of my bike if I decide to sell it. Not to say after market doesn't look nice. I did however purchase Vance and Hines exhaust.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm a little worried about the switch on the Cobra Light Bar as well. I've had it in the rain for a few hours with no problem but still a little worried. There's certainly no watertight sealing on it. Any thoughts on what can be done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice looking setup you have there.
Thanks. I like oem parts. No problems usually with fit and finish and you can return if there is a problem.

Brian

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have both oem light bar and crash bars because I thought they both looked better than the aftermarket. Also, I got lucky and bought them both seperately and used but in very good condition on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
new and out of the box I found the Cobra crash bar for considerably cheaper than anyone was selling the OE piece. But that was year ago lol. As for the light bar, I don't have one, but I do think the OE piece looks better than most aftermarket applications.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts