Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At KAWASAKI.COM for years, you could download a free PDF copy of your owners manual. As of about August 2019 Kawasaki will no longer allow you to download a copy, at all, of the Owners Manual. Now, you can just "View" the owners manual, on screen, on the kawasaki.com website, using their clunky viewer.

I find it very useful to be able to DOWNLOAD, and keep, a digital copy of the Owners Manual. I also use the capability to download the Owners Manuals from Kawasaki and other manufacturers to compare products I desire to buy. As of 12-03-19, Kawasaki is the ONLY manufacturer that has stopped allowing the DOWNLOAD of their Owners Manuals. Other manufacturers still allow the free download of their Owners Manuals in PDF format.

You can download and keep a PDF copy of HONDA Owners Manual from
https://powersports.honda.com/downloads/owners-manuals

You can download and keep a PDF copy of Suzuki Owners Manual from
https://www.genuinesuzukimanuals.com/
(image enclosed as their website is kinda clunky and you can miss this option if you are not looking for it)

You can download and keep a PDF copy of Yamaha Owners Manuals from
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/owners-manuals

Heck, I can even download a copy of the Owners Manual for my $35.00 Kitchen Toaster from the manufacturer.

Anyways, if you would like Kawasaki to again make available the option to DOWNLOAD and KEEP a free PDF copy of an Owners Manual from their website (kawasaki.com), PLEASE MAKE YOUR WISHES KNOWN by calling Kawasaki Customer Service @ 1-866-802-9381 or by dropping a letter to them at:
Kawasaki Motors Corp, U.S.A.
P.O. Box 25252
Santa Ana, CA. 92799-5252

If outside the U.S.A. Kawasaki has also eliminated the download option of the owners manual. Please contact the Kawasaki Customer Service for your country.

THANKS

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harley-Davidson Manuals are only available in an online viewable format
Yes, let me reply to your un-helpful message in the following fashion.

Harley was not part of this conversation because:
1. Harley has never offered the download service and rescinded it at a later date. Kawasaki has always (for a very long time anyways) offered the download service and has JUST RECENTLY RESCINDED it to make it no longer available.

2. Kawasaki is now the only major manufacturer to not allow the download of owners manuals. As pointed out above, Honda, Yamaha, & Suzuki still allow the download of Owners Manuals.

3. Before you point out (just to be Devil's Advocate) that there may be some English or German manufacturers that do not allow Owners Manuals download, please again note #1 and #2 above.

4. The original post is a request for HELP by making your wishes known to Kawasaki by a simple phone call or drop them a post card if you feel that they should continue making the download of Owners Manuals available. If you don't feel the same way and choose not to help, no further action is required on your part.. The original post was not a request for debate.

5. The Original Post post requesting HELP is meant to be more of a "Technical Service Bulletin", or News message to all, informing of policy changes Kawasaki has made regarding the download of Owners Manuals.

6. If you would like Kawasaki to again make available the option to DOWNLOAD and KEEP a free PDF copy of an Owners Manual from their website (kawasaki.com), PLEASE MAKE YOUR WISHES KNOWN by calling Kawasaki Customer Service @ 1-866-802-9381 or by dropping a letter to them at:
Kawasaki Motors Corp, U.S.A.
P.O. Box 25252
Santa Ana, CA. 92799-5252

1 - 4 of 4 Posts