Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info for anyone with a 2012 or newer Voyager(might also apply to Vaquero but not 100% sure). I just purchased the Kawasaki Navi Cable(not the MP3 Cable) and got it connected to my Garmin Zumo 660 Harness.

For those unfamiliar, if you have the MP3 cable plugged into the left fairing pocket connector you can input audio but the bikes stereo needs to be in AUX mode. Not so with the Navi Cable plugged into the bullet connectors at rear of radio. Now, doesn't matter if I'm listening to FM, AM, or weather, when the Garmin outputs audio(either directions or music) it replaces whatever you were previously listening to. Also, a "NAVI" indication displays on the radio LCD panel.....COOL! Well worth the $35.

Kawasaki P/N K10400-046

Craig

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Do you have any idea if this would work, the same way, with a smartphone? I generally use my smartphone for navigation. Never really had a need for the onscreen map so I've always just stuck my phone in a saddlebag and listened for prompts on my headset. Would it work the same way? (Interrupt the radio with nav updates).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts