Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi has any one fitted the Kawasaki Luggage rack, to the 1700 Nomad only on the web site its saying Cargo capacity 2.2 kg, 4.850 pounds if this is all it can hold then i don't the see point in me getting one, any one fitted one and put more than the 2.2kg with out any problems
thanks
Bright chrome steel tubing design. Cargo capacity 2.2 kg. 4.850 pounds Loading area: Length = 245mm, width = 255mm.
$308.67

£185.95

·
Registered
68 Posts
I made on the has over 50 lbs on it all the time with no problems.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I bought a cheap off brand, and had a local guy fabricate supports on the inside of the framework (almost invisible) and now you can stand on mine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have the cobra rack and it said 5lb limit. I think the limit is for the lid on the trunk more than the rack, but I've had 20lbs or so on mine with no problems.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If you are talking about the rack for the Nomad I have had 20 pounds on it several times no problem, but if I had it to do again I would buy the cobra rack as it looks to be an inch or so lower than the Kawasaki oem rack which should make it easier to secure a taller bag to the back rest. I am sure someone will chime in with more info

·
Registered
92 Posts
again it is a manufacturer protecting itself by understating load capacity it will carry allot and I have had allot on mine. Come on it is steel and strong hold allot more.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have the cobra on my nomad backrest. I use a T-bag type bag and because it is strapped to the backrest, not all the weight is on the rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts