Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first bike about 2 wks. Of course I financed it for 3 yrs. Is this customary for motorcycle loans to be on a credit card? I got my first statement in the mail along with a Kawasaki Credit card with my balance on it. They didn't tell me it was a credit card.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I bought my first bike about 2 wks. Of course I financed it for 3 yrs. Is this customary for motorcycle loans to be on a credit card? I got my first statement in the mail along with a Kawasaki Credit card with my balance on it. They didn't tell me it was a credit card.
Yeah, Kawasaki has their own cc when financed thru them. When I bought my first Kaw years ago, it was on their cc. Plus side, you dont have to get insurance right away when on their cc I found out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Kawasaki has their own cc when financed thru them. When I bought my first Kaw years ago, it was on their cc. Plus side, you dont have to get insurance right away when on their cc I found out.
I just found out the dealer I bought it from has a class action lawsuit against them for not telling customers their loan is on a credit card. I wish I had known before I purchased it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Think all the motorcycle, atv, snowmobile, etc companies finance via credit card. The dealer not telling you is a no no.

I bought a new ski-doo on the same kind of deal. Paid it off in the allotted time and paid no interest. After that I called and closed the account.

It's not for everybody but it's a common practice.

·
Registered
457 Posts
As long as the terms of the finance agreement hasn't changed in anyway, What would be the downside ? is it a Visa or a MasterCard or just a Kawasaki good for their own use only ?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,920 Posts
Their use only, unless they've changed over the last 10 years. When I got mine, I was able to add riding gear to it, too.
Same.. basically it's a line of credit that you can use at Kawi stores. And ONLY kawi stores.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Do you have a set amount of payments? X amount for Y months at Z percent? Not all motorcycle sales are credit card. When I financed my old CBR through Honda, it wasn't a cc. It was like a car loan. My friend did his Ninja through a cc the dealer pushed him into. Took him over 8 YEARS to pay off the card. He was always upside down cause of the interest.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
When I bought mine, it was on the Kawasaki Good Times credit. It too turned out to be a card. It also had a ridiculous interest rate, something like 12 or 14 percent. After a year and a half, we had paid down only a couple hundred dollars on the principle. I ended up refinancing it with the credit union at 6%at the time and paid it off in two years.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow, that sucks! I had no idea that was even an option!

When I bought my Vaquero last year, it was through Kawasaki financing, which (at least at the time) was through Synchrony bank. No real web presence, have to pay by phone. But the interest rate is only 4.5% for 4 years. I'd be hopping mad if it was on a credit card - I could've put my bike on a card without the dealer's involvement!

-John

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Same here, Synchrony Bank. I bought mine about 3 years ago.

Wow, that sucks! I had no idea that was even an option!

When I bought my Vaquero last year, it was through Kawasaki financing, which (at least at the time) was through Synchrony bank. No real web presence, have to pay by phone. But the interest rate is only 4.5% for 4 years. I'd be hopping mad if it was on a credit card - I could've put my bike on a card without the dealer's involvement!

-John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts