Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congradulations! I have always agreed with you it is a safety hazard, especially on a big bike. I hope this fixes your problem, so you can more thoroughly enjoy your bike. I really like mine. I guess I have been more fortunate with my LT. I would have bought a Nomad, but I just couldn't get with the colors they had, and didn't want to paint a new bike.

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks so much!
Now if they could rid my '09 Voyager of that damn whine from the belt area I would be "at one" with the KHI! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
belt whine

Thanks so much!
Now if they could rid my '09 Voyager of that damn whine from the belt area I would be "at one" with the KHI! :)
Want some cheese with that whine? My belt whine pretty much dissappeared when I had my rear tire changed at a non Kawi dealer. I ask why it was now quiet and they said the belt was way too tight. Also suggested that it may not have been properly aligned which would make it rub on the side of the front or rear pulley. My VTX had a whine and it was shaft drive. Seems they all make some types of noises.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Called Cust Service and Dealer about the Recall

I called cust. service wednesday and ask about the stalling recall for the 2010 vulcans. He ask where I got my Info. I told him at ama-cycle.org. He seemed surprised and said that it was true about the ECU and the dealers would be informed in a few days. I called my dealer and he said he would check the recalls everyday and as soon as he got it he would order the part. Finally maybe a solution. This was the only complaint I had about my bike. Heat, no problem,your sitting on top of 1700cc's, what do you expect. A friend of mine has a HD roadking and has road mine. He said the heat was nothing compaired to his. Belt noise, not what I expected but not really that bad. Comfort, nothing like it, most comfortable bike I have ever been on.
Hope everyone has a great day and good luck with the recall.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If anyone here had anything to do with this problem being addressed, Thank you.
I have a new 2010 Nomad with 700 miles on her now, and she is an occasional staller. My service manager did some tweeking at my 600 mile check-up, and it hasn't stalled yet, but I will get the fix done and put this behind me. Hopefully before winter storage.
Again, Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
369 Posts
Want some cheese with that whine? My belt whine pretty much dissappeared when I had my rear tire changed at a non Kawi dealer. I ask why it was now quiet and they said the belt was way too tight. Also suggested that it may not have been properly aligned which would make it rub on the side of the front or rear pulley. My VTX had a whine and it was shaft drive. Seems they all make some types of noises.
IMO. the specs for the belt tention are to tight wich cause the whine, or alignment.
ive got mine with about 10mm movement with 10 lbs of pressure applied. the specs call for 3 to 5mm

·
Registered
56 Posts
New ECU ordered

The dealer ordered the new ECU kit from kawi today. He said it would take about 3 days to get it and 20 min. to install.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone get VIN breaks? I check Kawasakis website and my VIN shows no recall. Mine is a 2010.
Go to the Kawi website to the bottom of the home page and click on:
Recall/Safety Info.

I have a 2009 Nomad and have never had any stalling problems but apparently they are recalling mine for the new ECU.

Enter vour Vin# with all caps otherwise you won't get a hit.

You will then be able to print off the official form to take to your dealer. :)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Thanks for the hard work. It comes just in time for me as Kawasaki in it's great wisdom is pulling the dealership from my dealer Nov 9th because he's not selling enough bikes. I live in an area with 17%+ unemployment nobody is selling bikes. I'm PO'ed because this guy has always been fair and prompt with his service work. An example: He came in on a day the shop was closed to do me 600 mile checkup and oil change then charged me $65 for the work. I'm getting the recall done on Tuesday. He also said that there was a similar recall for the 900's a couple for years back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for Heads Up

Thanks to everyone that dug into this issue. I will be contacting my dealership tomorrow and getting the Bike in soonest.
Karen, Atlanta, Ga

1 - 20 of 73 Posts