Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of buying the OEM heated seats for my 2013 Voyager. But all I can find on the Kawasaki website is a REAR heated seat, no rider seat. But it says rider seat is required.

I found a seller of the rear seat on eBay and contacted him about getting both. He is apparently a Kawi dealer and he said he contacted the company yesterday and they told him that both heated seats for the Voyager have been discontinued and there is no stock remaining.

Has anyone heard this? Is there another (reasonably priced) alternative for heated rider and passenger seats for the Voyager?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Most of the seat makers have a heat option. I have the Kawasaki ones and they definitely extend my riding season.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Corbin, I believe, offers heated seats as an option. You could also ship your seat off to Russel and have a Russel day-long made with heat added ($$$$), you might even call them up and see if they'd JUST add heat if the OEM seat is fine for you comfort wise.

·
Registered
79 Posts
eat chilly the night before a chilly day ride? just ride in back of the group

·
Registered
57 Posts
I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin heated version. It is a one-piece design with separate on/off switches for rider & passenger.

Easy installation, wiring and fuse included, no wire cutting involved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
KonTour will build your seat and install your heating element at no extra charge if you send it to them with your seat. I've seen them on Gold Wings but not on a Vulcan as of yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KonTour will build your seat and install your heating element at no extra charge if you send it to them with your seat. I've seen them on Gold Wings but not on a Vulcan as of yet.
Thanks, Chappy. I don't think I'd want to be without my seat for any period of time during riding season. I did contact Corbin by email. They have a color called Indian Tan. I'm thinking a seat the color of an Indian Roadmaster's would look pretty cool on my silver & white Voyager. But two days now and no reply.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hear you Shooter. I have the silver and white 2013 Voyager only it is triked with a Motor Trike kit. That brown would be nice on that color scheme.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same silver & white combo on my 2013 with a Corbin seat. I originally was going to order Indian Tan, but decided to go with plain tan.

Although nice, the color I received was not the same as the color from their website. Apparently they changed colors without updating the photo.

If you are not in a rush, they do offer samples for you to see before ordering. Even if you are in a rush, the seats take a few weeks to be built and delivered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts