Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a new seat. I would like the keep the look of the stock Custom seat but with some added comfort for the me and my girlfriend.

What is the difference between the Kawasaki Gel Seat and the Gel Comfort Seat? And does anyone have any suggestions other brands of seats with the stock Custom look?

Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I am looking into getting a new seat. I would like the keep the look of the stock Custom seat but with some added comfort for the me and my girlfriend.

What is the difference between the Kawasaki Gel Seat and the Gel Comfort Seat? And does anyone have any suggestions other brands of seats with the stock Custom look?

Thanks in advance!!!!
happy reading ...http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728%3A2tjjvy6lzfg&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&q=900+seats&siteurl=www.vulcanforums.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D19710#1077

I have a renegade solo on my custom so i cant help you. Seat comfort is dependent on many factors, size, height, riding posture, cost and cash flow ... one mans pain is another mans pleasure.

Not trying to be a dick, but its true. I have a mustang on my classic and the other half and i think its the best thing since sliced bread ... others may disagree.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the Kawasaki gel seat for my classic lt. It is better than the stock seat which in about 20 minutes I was squirming in my seat. The gel is about 45-60 minutes before I get uncomfortable and it has some hot spots. Listen to whiting57, his must be comfortable, he just went from Canada into the USA around Ohio (hope my memory is correct) and went west down to Arizona and back east through Louisiana and back home in I believe 14 days.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you carry a passanger forget about the looks and get yourself a OEM Classic Gel seat. The passanger side is much bigge rand you can ride till you run out of gas. For my solo trips I have a Corbin Youn Guns which has been the best of all the ones I have owned for this bike. If you have the money for a Corbin Touring go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If you carry a passanger forget about the looks and get yourself a OEM Classic Gel seat. The passanger side is much bigge rand you can ride till you run out of gas. .
Thats pretty much it in a nut shell. The Custom OEM "band aide " strip is about good for a trip to the corner store. The mustang 2 up or simular style may not look as good but i momma aint happy, aint nobody happy. Keep the other for solo riding

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Gel Seat

One thing that I might add is that on hot, sunny days, the gel pack acts like one of those heating bags you put in the microwave. I hopped on the bike one day and about a minute after taking off had to stop and get off real quick:eek:! I had a red butt for a few hours and it was on the verge of a burn. Man, talk about feeling like being in the hot seat!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
One thing that I might add is that on hot, sunny days, the gel pack acts like one of those heating bags you put in the microwave. I hopped on the bike one day and about a minute after taking off had to stop and get off real quick:eek:! I had a red butt for a few hours and it was on the verge of a burn. Man, talk about feeling like being in the hot seat!
Roasting chest nuts by the fire .... :eek:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have the Custom Comfort Gel Seat with Flames. I love it. It takes some break in time as it's really hard when new. I mean really hard. Like I almost gave up on it, then one day it was much better. Now I ride a couple of hours without any problem. No painful pressure points. If you want a cushy plush sofa type seat this is not it.

As far as getting hot in the sun, I make sure I park in the shade or throw something over the seat. I live in Florida and the sun gets plenty hot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts