Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Kawasaki light bar mounted on my Nomad, and I have a question concerning the turn signals that come with the light bar.

Is this turn signal a stock turn signal for a previous model Vulcan? If so, what bike/bikes was it used on? If it was stock on earlier bikes, knowing what bikes it was on would make my search for clear turn signal lenses much easier.

Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The light bar signal was not stock on my 2013 Nomad 1700. I ordered a couple to hopefully replace my stock lights. However, the shape of the base is not round and would not work.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light bar signal was not stock on my 2013 Nomad 1700. I ordered a couple to hopefully replace my stock lights. However, the shape of the base is not round and would not work.
I know the lightbar is not stock, but it IS a Kawasaki part. What I am TRYING to figure out is whether or not the turn signals used on this lightbar are stock on an earlier bike, so that I can search for clear lenses.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Perhaps I was not clear. I do not have the Kawasaki light bar on my 13 Nomad 1700. I wanted to take the stock turn signals off and replace them with a turn signal that I could change the lens to a clear lens as you are trying to do.

·
Registered
381 Posts
In my opinion the chrome turn signal housings on the Kawasaki light bar are built to cheap and brittle to be used as OEM signals on a bike. I couldn't say for certain about the lenses though. You can probably do a image search and see if they look the same though. For example if you look up turn signals for the Vulcan 1600 you can see that the lenses are a different shape/ application and likely would not be interchangeable.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts