Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Let me say I love this forum, and my bike. I have a 2013 Vaquero, and I am wanting to install driver to passenger communications, and have the ability for the driver and passenger to hear the radio/mp3 etc. sounds simple enough till I open the Kaw parts catalog they have listed a rider communication cable and a rider entertainment cable and from the sounds of the description you can not run both? this is what I am seeing

Passenger part #'s
K10400-35 Passenger headset adaptor cable
K10400-28 Passenger communication kit
with these it looks like the passenger can talk but doesn't mention the radio/mp3

Driver part #'s
K10400-21 rider communications cable
K10400-34 rider entertainment cable
K10400-32 helmet speaker kit
K10400-45 Headset connection kit
The description of the first two items looks like its either communications or music set up.

So the very long of it is;
1. is it possible to have both intercom and music in the driver/passenger helmet
2. What of those parts (or something I missed) do I need.
I am aware this is a good question for the dealer, however they are pretty much clueless, as they just bought out a Kaw dealer and its a new brand to them. They couldn't tell me how much work was required to install the ipod kit (not much I found out)

Well Thanks for any help...and Hi from Kentucky
Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just went through this - including teaching the dealership what to order for my '09 Voyager.
Passenger-those are the part #'s you need. They can talk AND listen to music/ipod. They have their own volume control for music/intercom.

Driver-You don't need the 34 rider entertainment kit. That's used only if the driver wants to listen to the music w/o the intercom capabilities.

So, you will have music and intercom for both riders. The system works great, read your owner's manual for instructions on how to set it up. My only complaint is Kawasaki could have done a better job of engineering where to hook up the headsets. Harley and Honda did a lot better job!

Hope this helps you out...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went through this - including teaching the dealership what to order for my '09 Voyager.
Passenger-those are the part #'s you need. They can talk AND listen to music/ipod. They have their own volume control for music/intercom.

Driver-You don't need the 34 rider entertainment kit. That's used only if the driver wants to listen to the music w/o the intercom capabilities.

So, you will have music and intercom for both riders. The system works great, read your owner's manual for instructions on how to set it up. My only complaint is Kawasaki could have done a better job of engineering where to hook up the headsets. Harley and Honda did a lot better job!

Hope this helps you out...
Great thanks for the info, just what I was hoping to find out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you considered aftermarket setups? Not sure what the Kawi stuff will set you back but maybe do some research on something like the Scala bluetooth system and compare. You can answer your phone, listen to music, communicate with a passenger as well as other riders. I haven't researched it well enough to advise, but I know the Kawi stuff is always outrageously priced and more time than not you can get a better bang for your buck elsewhere. Just a thought.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The Kawi system works good - look on eBay for the parts far less than the stealer's pricing . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
Let me say I love this forum, and my bike. I have a 2013 Vaquero, and I am wanting to install driver to passenger communications, and have the ability for the driver and passenger to hear the radio/mp3 etc. sounds simple enough till I open the Kaw parts catalog they have listed a rider communication cable and a rider entertainment cable and from the sounds of the description you can not run both? this is what I am seeing

Passenger part #'s
K10400-35 Passenger headset adaptor cable
K10400-28 Passenger communication kit
with these it looks like the passenger can talk but doesn't mention the radio/mp3

Driver part #'s
K10400-21 rider communications cable
K10400-34 rider entertainment cable
K10400-32 helmet speaker kit
K10400-45 Headset connection kit
The description of the first two items looks like its either communications or music set up.

So the very long of it is;
1. is it possible to have both intercom and music in the driver/passenger helmet
2. What of those parts (or something I missed) do I need.
I am aware this is a good question for the dealer, however they are pretty much clueless, as they just bought out a Kaw dealer and its a new brand to them. They couldn't tell me how much work was required to install the ipod kit (not much I found out)

Well Thanks for any help...and Hi from Kentucky
Paul

Here are the parts you would need to talk to your rider and both listen to music. This is what I installed on my 2012 Vaquero, the Vulcan part numbers maybe different like the CB Kit's.

RIDER
K10400-045 ADAPTOR KIT – HEADSET RIDER $130.95
K10400-027 COMMUNICATION CABLE –RIDER $69.95
K10400-032 HELMET SPEAKER KIT $67.95

PASSENGER
K10400-035 HEADSET ADAPTOR CABLE PASS $79.95
K10400-028 COMMUNICATION CABLE PASS $159.95

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Kawi system works good - look on eBay for the parts far less than the stealer's pricing . . .
My stealer's price was a lot cheaper than EBAY and I knew it was right part with no worries.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the parts you would need to talk to your rider and both listen to music. This is what I installed on my 2012 Vaquero, the Vulcan part numbers maybe different like the CB Kit's.

RIDER
K10400-045 ADAPTOR KIT – HEADSET RIDER $130.95
K10400-027 COMMUNICATION CABLE –RIDER $69.95
K10400-032 HELMET SPEAKER KIT $67.95

PASSENGER
K10400-035 HEADSET ADAPTOR CABLE PASS $79.95
K10400-028 COMMUNICATION CABLE PASS $159.95
Part No.#s are the same, it would appear I fat fingered the # on the comm cable. Thanks for the info, looks like 500ish for the set up. Bomedlin, did you install the items yourself? any pointers or words of caution, if you did.

thanks all
Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Part No.#s are the same, it would appear I fat fingered the # on the comm cable. Thanks for the info, looks like 500ish for the set up. Bomedlin, did you install the items yourself? any pointers or words of caution, if you did.

thanks all
Paul
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3385&pictureid=10297

Read the instructions before you start! I installed a six foot extension and ran it under the gas tank. Attached it to the allen bolt on the left side of the tank between the ignition switch and gas cap with a black plastic wire clamp.
http://www.airrider.com/AIR_RIDER_7_PIN_CABLES_p/03-04-84-ar.htm

·
Registered
14 Posts
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3385&pictureid=10297

Read the instructions before you start! I installed a six foot extension and ran it under the gas tank. Attached it to the allen bolt on the left side of the tank between the ignition switch and gas cap with a black plastic wire clamp.
http://www.airrider.com/AIR_RIDER_7_PIN_CABLES_p/03-04-84-ar.htm
You'll have to pull back the rubber weather seal and cut the plastic threads off. This will allow it to connect properly and seal with the six foot cord. No reason for threads period.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=260545517439942&set=a.217956421698852.1073741831.100004534868255&type=1&theater

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great and thanks for the info, love "do it yourself" mods.... Time to start ordering parts...

Thanks all
Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great and thanks for the info, love "do it yourself" mods.... Time to start ordering parts...

Thanks all
Paul
You can email me or call if you need anything else. [email protected], 919-669-7137, or post a reply. hard to post pics on the forum for me, user error :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts