Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just modified my exhaust by removing the baffle shield and drilling 4 holes in each pipe. Now I have a whistling noise when I let off the gas. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drilled four holes also and i think i know what your talking about!! If you drilled the holes like i did 12,3,6 and 9 O'clock, i drilled 2 more holes 1 between 9 and 12 and 1 between 12 and 3 and i think it sound alot better, atleast my bike sounds like it can defend itself and its not to loud.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would very much like to know how this turns out as I was thinking about doing this exact same thing to MY Vulcan 900 LT this weekend.:confused:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just modified my exhaust by removing the baffle shield and drilling 4 holes in each pipe. Now I have a whistling noise when I let off the gas. Any suggestions?
What size holes did you drill? I did 8 - 1/2 inch holes in the pipes then reinstalled the shield to give it a stock look. No whistle just louder. I didn't want to go too loud because I leave for work at 6 am and didn't want to wake the neighbors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drilled 8 - 3/8 holes and than added 2 more later!! But i didn't put back on the outer plate, i cut off my pipe behind that inside plate and i think i sound great and it's not to loud. i leave for work at 5:30 but i dont take my bike to work alot cause i only have 2 miles to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What size holes did you drill? I did 8 - 1/2 inch holes in the pipes then reinstalled the shield to give it a stock look. No whistle just louder. I didn't want to go too loud because I leave for work at 6 am and didn't want to wake the neighbors.
Hi, mind if i ask how you reintalled the shield?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would very much like to know how this turns out as I was thinking about doing this exact same thing to MY Vulcan 900 LT this weekend.:confused:
I highly recommend you don't do this mod. I did mine 2 weeks ago and regret it. All I have now is a loud motor with an exhaust leak sound. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi, mind if i ask how you reintalled the shield?
I drilled out the three rivets that hold the shield on, trimmed the backing plate down for better drill access, drilled my baffle holes, then pop-riveted the shield back on. Flat black hi-temp paint, looks like stock, just loud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts