Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 model, 2500 actual mileage, cranks, idles and runs and sounds perfect. Problem is top speed of only 60 mph. Installed new plugs, air filter and SeaFoam, still with throttle pegged, still 60 mph

·
Super Moderator
1,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy you decided to join us. Super low mileage bike. Make sure you post a picture. Did this bike just come out of sitting for a while? Assuming the bike is stock. Don’t know how much you did already, so will start with basic checks. With bike off, twist the throttle fully and see if the cable is opening the carbs to their fullest point. With bike warmed up, twist the throttle momentarily and see if engine rpms will smoothly go all the way up to redline. Like Venom asks, were the carbs ever apart? What did the old plugs look like? May have to make some carburetor adjustments, which I will leave for the carburetor experts here to comment on. Here is a link to an online repair manual.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy you decided to join us. Super low mileage bike. Make sure you post a picture. Did this bike just come out of sitting for a while? Assuming the bike is stock. Don’t know how much you did already, so will start with basic checks. With bike off, twist the throttle fully and see if the cable is opening the carbs to their fullest point. With bike warmed up, twist the throttle momentarily and see if engine rpms will smoothly go all the way up to redline. Like Venom asks, were the carbs ever apart? What did the old plugs look like? May have to make some carburetor adjustments, which I will leave for the carburetor experts here to comment on. Here is a link to an online repair manual.

Good point on the throttle cables and opening fully.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts