Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Kams kit installed on my 2010 Voyager. Seems to work very well. Mostly when fan comes on can not feel any heat blowing back on me anymore. The mechanic told me if I put the stock airbox back on it would get the full advantage of the kit. Thinking of selling my Thunder odesssey kit and dec side plate. They look great on the bike but heat is my main concern.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Even if you are thinking about it I would swap out the intakes and do a few rides for test to see if it is actually better. Otherwise maybe there is someone on here that can provide some input that has already done something like your setup.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm considering the KAMS kit on my 2010 Voyager and I also have a Thunder Kit on mine. Keep us posted if you do indeed swap out your intakes to see if there is indeed a noticeable difference. BTW, did the Kawasaki dealer/mechanic install the KAMS kit and if so how expensive was the install?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put the stock air box back on and went for a ride in shorts. No heat problems at all. Its like getting a new bike again. The dealer installed the kit. 663 dollars for everything. The kit is 399 so it was 150 in labor then the tax. Well worth the money for having a cumfy bike like my VTX was. I now have a thunder odessey kit and decorative side plate for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Maybe if some Heat Defectors are added along with the KAMS, you would not have to remove any aftermarket air kit.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Mpg id back to around 38 mpg after I put the old map in the bike and road 100 miles today. I loved the air kit just love being comfortable better.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
The Mpg id back to around 38 mpg after I put the old map in the bike and road 100 miles today. I loved the air kit just love being comfortable better.

I am very blessed to be temperature tolerant. With over 40 years of working in meat plants with temperatures ranging from -50 degrees F to 130+ degrees F, I have became very tolerant to temperture extremes. A blessing for a biker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts